This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally the table of my dreams

At last, I have now got the table I have always wanted for my Dimension!

Whilst viewing many vans at the Guildford Freeborn meet, I spotted quite a few that had a swivel table attached to front passenger seat. So courtesy of internet, we bought a swivel leg kit.

Terry has done a fine job of attaching it to the aisle side of the front passenger seat. He has attached the top of one of my (many spare) tables to it so now we can swivel it into any position, even if it is laid up, it can just gently be turned away so it sit away from the door opening. The leg swivels right round and the top swivels independently too!

A bit of black felt tip and the wooden strengthening struts are not even identifiable.

It was a bit of a faff trying to get those springy bolt things through the side of the wooden seat surround but one achy arm later and we are done.

Almost persuaded T to eat our take away dinner in there last night!

Well done Terry! We need photo's!

I've been on a quest to find a smaller table (and easier to attach!) than the one I have in my caravan, which is big and awkward as it is used to make up a double bed (not that I ever do!)

Bought several different ones, none worked that well. Gone back to the darned caravan table. I have a little flat folding one for in the awning.

Comment

Yes, we definitely need a photo or two!
      Mary

Comment

Hope these pictures work. There is a lever that requires a very very quarter inch turn to tighten. The top pops off for storage and the leg likewise.

We only needed this layout as we always leave the driver side bed flat down all day and a table in the door space got in the way. We always have the front passenger seat flat down too (it takes up same space as seat turned round) and we use our rolled up duvalays as the passenger seat back (makes use of it during the day and keeps it out of the way). Suits us but would not work if you like your passenger seat turned round as the seat overlaps the aisle more.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good. I have a way to go yet before I catch up with you tablewise, only on Mark 2 so far!
          Mary

Comment

[QUOTE=Flo;25445]Hope these pictures work. There is a lever that requires a very very quarter inch turn to tighten. The top pops off for storage and the leg likewise.

Lovely clear pictures!

As a matter of interest, what are you using as seat covers? They look nice and I'm trying to find something similar for my little R20.
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Table

i have had a sing leg table for years it terns in to cab on a night time it is made out of a tabel that goes under a bed or chair diggdeep

Comment

I bought two identical throws from The Linen Store (think that is it) they are reversiblish. With a small square effect. I use one whole as a throw, for the driver and rear driver seat which is left as a bench seat all day.

I cut the other one into 4 strips and each one goes over seat through to back of seat, up over the back of the seat and down over the front of seat so when the seat is laid down it is not marked by metal bits. That is why it had to be reversible, think about it!

I have left the fringing on one edge and that is what hangs down seat back piece.

We are just back from a trip and the table worked a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                  I bought two identical throws from The Linen Store (think that is it) they are reversiblish. With a small square effect. I use one whole as a throw, for the driver and rear driver seat which is left as a bench seat all day.

I cut the other one into 4 strips and each one goes over seat through to back of seat, up over the back of the seat and down over the front of seat so when the seat is laid down it is not marked by metal bits. That is why it had to be reversible, think about it!

I have left the fringing on one edge and that is what hangs down seat back piece.

We are just back from a trip and the table worked a treat.
                  Clever lady! will see if I can find something similar at our local IKEA or cheap textiles place. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Sue

I have often used double throws as fabric as they tend to work out cheaper than buying fabric by the metre and you can never find fabric in such widths.

Those were about £17 each. Although they are not dirty they are a tiny bit grubby and I would prefer grub on covers than the seats themselves.
                    Last edited by Flo; 29-08-2011, 22:50.

Comment

Hi Flo

My van is fitted with 'very tasteful' creamy sort of fabric (not the colour we finally chose...but that's another story!) , just begging for me to spill stuff on etc. So I have covered the back seats with brightly coloured, striped microfibre blankets. Have bought an extra blanket to make into cushion covers. As you say, these should take the brunt of any mishaps, though the pattern most certainly does not match upholstery on the front seats.

Am now eying the front seats... Ideally would like plain dark covers on them...Am still looking for s.t. vaguely suitable. But hey ho, many people have proper problems.

Comment

I love these little problems. Just managed to carpet my van with some brown carpeting to match the decor. B & Q rugs and cut to fit. Looks nice. The lino finish is very nice but the carpet just looks a bit softer. Gets more like home every day.

Now I have my swivel table I need one for outside and have managed to utilise one of my many spares. It folds up kind of like an ironing board and when flat it fits precisely between the draining board and the rear door. Perfect fit. Nice table too, not that I am obsessed with tables!

Comment

I cannot believe that you have finally found a table that you are happy with.

Comment

Hi Pendel

I always get what I want - in the end. Mind you, I never want what I can't realistically have!

Comment

Glad you found your perfect table after all the "false starts" you have suffered.

All you need to do now is empty the garage of all the other tables so you can get the car in.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X