This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamension Problems

Hi we have recently got a 56 plate Dimension it had the X70 mains charger replaced and whoever did left 2 wires disconnected 1 a negative and the other a 12v positive that went to the charging relay. After speaking with Romahome they told me the correct terminals to connect these loose wires.

I now find out why the Charging relay and the Fridge relay are not connected as Romahome say in the Dimension Handbook they state they only work When the engine is running however they work when the ignition is turned on even without the engine running if you are on mains hook-up and you turn the ignition on the charging unit tries to charge both batteries even if off mains hook up and you turn the ignition on both batteries try to equalise, if the fridge 12v is turned on this will flatten both batteries if left on long enough.
    After consulting Ant at Avon Motor Caravans who is at a loss as to why Romahome connect the relays this way I have rewired the relays to the alternator D+ as this is the way most converters do it I must say I am disappointed at the way Romahome pick up the feed from the fusebox anyway it is just a spade terminal shoved into a spare relay socket there is no marking at all if this should shake loose or be disturbed by anyone there is no indication as to where to replace it

Alf

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X