This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first romahome ?

hi everyone new members,decided to take plunge and buy our first campervan any advice on which romahome to buy would be greatly appreciated,thanks ken.

Hiya There,
    Are you going for a secondhand one or likely to be new? Is there the 2 of you or more? Only vehicle or secondary? Any parking or height restrictions? People are well satisfied with their vans on here and there are different models and sizes to consider. You'll get friendly and expert advice here, I'm sure you'll find the right one for you, but some more info about what your circumstances are might lead to some specific advice.
    Look forward to hearing more from you soon...
    Meanwhile all the very best.
    Andyvan

Comment

Welcome to the forum . There will be lots more along shortly to say Hello and offer advice. We started off with a C15 ,just to try it out really. We loved the compact style & it had everything we needed. We now have a Romahome Duo which we love. We travel everywhere with our Boss Cat Barney and we manage okay. It depends what you want to use your camper for. Short hops away or longer stays. We do both in ours but some people may need mors space. With an awning on the back the size can be doubled. Lots of things to think about so good luck with your search. Where in the country are you located? There may be someone living near you with a Romahome you could look at.

Comment

Think about space

A big welcome from recent newcomers, ourselves. We have just returned from 2 months in France/Spain in our 2008 Berlingo Hylo and have to say it was perfectly feasible and a joy to drive. Certainly Duvalays should be top of your list for luxury sleeping; probably the most important thing is to make sure you really need what you are taking with you, space is at a premium but it is perfectly possible to do without 90% of the things most caravanners take with them. Try to make sure everything that you take is dual purpose, and absolutely necessary. The first night or two may give you chaos when everything you want seems packed at the bottom of the "luggage" compartments but you quickly learn the packing through necessity. A trial night in the Romahome in your drive is probably a good idea, if possible. Then go on a rally with the good folk on this forum, you'll learn a lot. In my opinion the Pullman layout is the best but that's just my opinion. Whatever, welcome and happy Romahoming. Graham and Carole

Comment

Hi, Ken and Lol good to meet you, albeit in cyber space at present. Hope to see you at one of the rallies. No advice about Romahome as I have an ancient Talbot 'Avalon' which I love, but friends of mine have the Romahome 25 which they love. They changed to it from a '20' to give a little more space for the two of them plus their 'spaniel size' cockerpoo. I'm sure VonUK will be along shortly to talk about it in more depth.

Hope you get enough information from folks on this site to help you make a decision. It's very friendly and people are only too happy to answer queries and the like; if they don't know the answer there will always be someone else come along who does.

Happy hunting!

Di.

Comment

I'm reading this thread with interest as I'm thinking of downsizing from my Swift motorhome....I love it but could do with a Romahome to use as my everyday car...what's the pullman layout/seats?? Also I see the C15 were still made when they brought the newer Berlingo ones etc...sizewise are they the same or is the C15 bigger?? Sorry to sound a numptie.....
            plus I don't 'spose anyone had decided they'd like to go for a "standard" motorhome like my Swift and is selling up???
            I could do with freeing up a big of the cash from the swift and aim to get a Romahome in the region of 8-10k....any advice.........???
            I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. Browsing the Romahomes at Avon Motorcaravans, Bristol would be a good idea. Everyone speaks very highly of them. Its run by Ant who has his very own thread on this forum!
              Mary

Comment

Originally posted by marymary View Post
                I'm reading this thread with interest as I'm thinking of downsizing from my Swift motorhome....I love it but could do with a Romahome to use as my everyday car...what's the pullman layout/seats?? Also I see the C15 were still made when they brought the newer Berlingo ones etc...sizewise are they the same or is the C15 bigger?? Sorry to sound a numptie.....
                plus I don't 'spose anyone had decided they'd like to go for a "standard" motorhome like my Swift and is selling up???
                I could do with freeing up a big of the cash from the swift and aim to get a Romahome in the region of 8-10k....any advice.........???
                See GeeCee's description below and also see the pics on our website http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/romahomehistory.html

Pullman seating is only available in the newer Romahomes not C15's, as regards the size of Berlingo v C15, there is not a lot of difference between the room inside the living quarters but obviously the base vehicle is more modern as is the interior of the living quarters.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Graham; 06-09-2011, 20:44. Reason: Taken out wrong information.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks for that Graham, I've been wondering for a while!

Comment

Pullman Clarification

Hi! Sorry to be the one to correct you, Graham, but the Pullman layout has the non-swivel driver and passenger seats in the cab, and one belted forward facing seat plus one belted rearward facing seat in the habitation with a table between them. To sum up, including the driver there are three forward facing seats and one rearward facing seat, 4 in total. However, the Pullman only sleeps 2 people. Graham and Carole
                    Last edited by GeeCee; 07-09-2011, 07:02. Reason: Furthere clarification

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                      Hi! Sorry to be the one to correct you, Graham, but the Pullman layout has the non-swivel driver and passenger seats in the cab, and one belted forward facing seat plus one belted rearward facing seat in the habitation with a table between them. Graham and Carole
                      Yes, well spotted you have won the "spot the deliberate mistake" competition. The prize is you get to slap my wrists.

Thanks for correcting me Graham and Carole, I will edit the post so that I don't look a complete plonker. How embarrassing. I hope MaryMary doesn't buy one relying on what I said.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Another Hobby?

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        Yes, well spotted you have won the "spot the deliberate mistake" competition. The prize is you get to slap my wrists.

Thanks for correcting me Graham and Carole, I will edit the post so that I don't look a complete plonker. How embarrassing. I hope MaryMary doesn't buy one relying on what I said.
                        I get to slap your wrists! Wow!, I just knew there was more to this forum than just motorhoming. Graham and Carole

Comment

doh too from me, it never really sunk in....just had a nosey now but did think there wasn't space for 2 seats each side of table...

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X