This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

I've just had my insurance renewal in £414 that's with N I G can't remember what I paid last year but I had too make a claim for a break in & loss of belongings in May which amounted to £1500 this is for a Dimension 55Reg.
    So for a matter of interest I sent for a quote with the C.C.C & it came out
    £900+ which was abit of a shaker. I'm just wondering how my car Ins. will go up being that I had too make a claim for a smashed 1/4 light on my Focus I was prepaired too pay but it cost £300 they caught the idiot so I got my £75 excess back but it left the Ins. Co out of pocket.
    Pete

Pete try Caravan Guard for your Dimension ours is £247 includind protected no claims and breakdown and recovery

Alf

Comment

Our 05 Dimension was £209 for fully comp and protected no claims, this was with the Caravan Club.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Insurance

Thanks Alf & Graham for the suggestions on the insurance I did contact your Co.'s + a few others & the quotes were almost the same as my Co. is so doesn't seem worth changing the one of the biggest problems is age + I have too keep it on the road, what annoys me most that the garage where the break in happened had no insurance cover for anything on the forecourt only in the show rooms so I had to claim on my insurance. The vandals who broke into the van even pulled the CCTV of the wall before they started & no other vehicles mine was the targetere damaged so it seems that.
        Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,
          sorry to hear of your insurance problem. I think you should approach the garage that your motorhome was vandalised at and see if they are willing to make you a payment towards the increased cost of your insurance.
          I would have thought your motorhome was their responcibility if parked on their premises awaiting work etc. The fact that they were not insured should be their problem not yours. Infact your insurance company should of made a claim against them to cover what they paid out, not just bump your premium.
          What a world we live in, if your garage gets funny about you asking for a contibution, consider going to a small claims court and telling them that is what you will do. Don't be intimidated stand up for your rights and make them pay. Easy enough to say I know but we've had to stand up to all sorts of lowlife in the past and thats what I would do.
          Campton Insurance brokers have been very good to us £185 fully comp for a Duo but we do have a umblemished insurance record. Sorry forgot to add put everthing in writing then you can show this should it go to court it also stops verble intimidation ,which some companies use to get away from paying.
          Good luck
          Last edited by peterfowden; 15-09-2011, 14:03.

Comment

Have you tried Trading Standards for advice ?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X