HYLO interior lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYLO interior lights

I would like to replace the existing (useless!) swivelling lights in our 2005 Hylo with LEDs, as we have found them to be too bright and can only shine across the van...
    Anyone done this and have any recommendations for LEDs - would like something suitably flexible for reading

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
    Starts
    21-05-2020
    Ends
    22-05-2020

There are led bulbs available on eBay which are a straight swap but look for the warm white ones that are specifically for caravan interior lamps. The ones sold for car indicators and brake lights can be very directional.
    Too old to be a toyboy and not rich enough to be a sugar daddy.

Comment

Hi Paul, It depends what you want to spend. As Jon said you can simply stick in LED bulbs. If you have room you could mount switched LED strip lights next to them.
      Once again you can get 2 types bright white, good for reading, looking at photos etc or more restful "warm" white that is more gentle. If the strips include a switch wiring is simple - remember unlike tungsten bulbs they will not work if the polarity is wrong.

Jon
      Support the NHS go to Just Giving

Comment

Thanks for these replies - kernowjon and jondxxx - having looked at various units, I have decided to replace one light unit with a USB twin socket - mostly to charge phones, and buy a usb/ lithium battery powered flexible clip on light. Socket has inbuilt 10 amp fuse, which I hope will be fine on the Romahomes 10amp lighting circuit. Any comments on that??

Light - Clip On Reading Light for Bed Headboard, Rechargeable 16 LED Amber Book Light, 5 Brightness Desk Light Clamp Lamp, Touch Control Dimmable Reading Lamp with Flexible Neck, Gentle Night Light for Kids
        USB socket -

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X