Help with controls on Romahome C15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with controls on Romahome C15

Hi there, I just bought my first Motorhome, a Romahome, C15 1993 (I think its a ‘duo’!) I really love it and am looking forward to taking it out for the night soon. However, I’m having a problem understanding how to work the fridge. There are instructions but still I’m confused! There seems to be lots of options to power the fridge. Even my garage and a Citeron dealer weren’t sure! Would anyone who knows their way around Romahome be able to call or FaceTime me to talk me through it? I’d be really grateful. Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi there Nadine ... and welcome.

Name and model of fridge/? Photo of fridge / controls? There are all sorts, perhaps the most common is the Electrolux 3-way (Mains electricity / 12v battery / gas) something like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N270xtRBNjk if you can identify the model you can search online for more targeted advice and we can help you more effectively. These fridges all work by having a small heat source that kicks off the cooling technology, the heat comes either from a small gas flame or a little metal capsule which is electrically heated. It has to be said that they are not fantastically efficient and can be a bit temperamental ... so be patient and methodical ... or grab a passing motor-caravanner and act goofy to see if they can explain!

On a campsite using external hook-up power you'll be using the mains option, on the road travelling 12v and when parked-up off of a campsite ... gas. The current-draw on 12v is quite high and can 'flatten' your onboard leisure battery very quickly. The modern and expensive (£500 ish) option is a Compressor fridge which are very efficient and can be run from solar panels as well as the leisure battery.

Give us some more info and we'll go to work for you.

Comment

There are a few downloadable fridge manuals on our website, might be of use depending on the model.

https://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/downloads.html
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Nadine and welcome from me too

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Hi everyone 👋 Thanks for the warm welcome and all the helpful info. I think I’m edging towards understanding how it works!
            Another question, I think the back door needs a new catch, mine is worn and I don’t think it would hold the door open in any wind. Is there a place that sells small plastic part like this?
            Thanks again everyone. N

Comment

Nadine Try here https://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/d...iners-40-c.asp
              Too old to know everything!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X