As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up our Duo yesterday...

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up our Duo yesterday...

I mentioned in my 'hello' thread that we had bought a Duo - on the basis of a few grainy photos, but as the seller was our neighbours mother it meant an easy purchase with no risk.
    So - five trains from North Norfolk to Hertfordshire (first part of the journey from Sheringham to Norwich by train was just beautiful!)
    Final leg involved a walk in this lovely sun along the Grand Union canal to sellers house.
    It looked just as described, and had a sales receipt from a dealer in Southampton back in '09 so after the finances were dealt with we jumped in for the drive back to the North Norfolk coast. Didn't miss a beat apart from exhaust fumes coming in via the cupboard under the sink - I see a flaw there. 1/3 tank of diesel to get back this I like !
    But other than parking on the drive and ten minutes prodding about - we have to leave it now a couple of weeks now as we head straight off to east Algarve early tomorrow (retracing our journey back down the M/A11 to Stansted.
    (we will drive down on our next trip to Portugal or Greece - much more fun than flying)
    Look forward to seeing how the old girl works when we get back!
    Last edited by rubberrat; 01-10-2011, 08:00.
    Aircooled VW Camper nut!

It sounds like you have bought a winner,the exhaust smell is unlikely to be very serious,at worst a hole in a silencer I would guess. The Romas hold their value well,so any repair cost will be worth it, and soon repaid by low running costs. The insulated body will open up winter camping for you.
    Have tons of fun,hope to see you in the spring.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Rubberrat.
      The exhaust smell is almost certainly due to the tail pipe extension either missing or very holey. If the exhaust isn't extended the fumes can be sucked into the gas locker ( does the gas locker have a grey sooty film on the inside?) and other floor vents.
      Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
        Hi Rubberrat.
        The exhaust smell is almost certainly due to the tail pipe extension either missing or very holey. If the exhaust isn't extended the fumes can be sucked into the gas locker ( does the gas locker have a grey sooty film on the inside?) and other floor vents.
        Ant
        Hi Ant,

The prob is exactly this. Very sooty, even around the plug socket.
        I plan to pretty much pull the Romahome apart when we get home and set about every tiny job, this is a priority though, its a wonder it didn't make the previous owner ill with the diesel fumes - particularly with a front window open.
        Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X