X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duo Plus seating/bedding query

Hello all.
    Since buying my Duo Plus, I have been trying to figure out what the two small cushions with the attached metal bar are for and where they fit in. I am sure this is obvious to most owners but it is not to me. I think I will be kicking myself when I am told!
    Tony.

Not sure what you mean Tony, the only thing that springs to mind is the bed extension.

Can you post a picture?

When we had our Duo it looked like this with the double bed made up and there was an extension cushion that went at the bottom for the taller person.

Click on pic for a larger version.
    Attached Files
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks for the reply Graham. I do not see the items to which I refer in that very nice and clear picture you have provided me with. I will post a picture ASAP. Meantime, each cushion is 22 inches long and 5 inches wide. They are 2 inches thick. Three of the corners are square and one is rounded. The metal piece is 29 1/2 inches long and 7/8 inches square.
      Tony

Comment

Ah yes, I now know what you mean, they are filler cushions to cover fresh water and waste water tanks on each side of the van.

See these pics.
        Attached Files
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

this is the one of the actual cushion in situ over the water tank, for some reason it wouldn't let Graham post it
          Attached Files

Comment

I think you might have been right the first time, Graham, What about the metal parts - they sound like the 2-piece cross-member on the bed extension.

Does one metal piece slot into the other, Tony? If so, you should find that the complete length fits across the van into two metal 'hangers' one on each wall behind the cab seats.

I have a full Owner's Manual for the Duo & Duo Plus, Graham. I could do with scanning it all and putting it on the Site but I would need step-by-step instructions!! Can you help me with that, Graham? I have a scanner and could get it to file on the laptop but after that [email protected]!?~?*@# my brain hurts!

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by wheelmon View Post
              I think you might have been right the first time, Graham, What about the metal parts - they sound like the 2-piece cross-member on the bed extension.

Does one metal piece slot into the other, Tony? If so, you should find that the complete length fits across the van into two metal 'hangers' one on each wall behind the cab seats.

I have a full Owner's Manual for the Duo & Duo Plus, Graham. I could do with scanning it all and putting it on the Site but I would need step-by-step instructions!! Can you help me with that, Graham? I have a scanner and could get it to file on the laptop but after that [email protected]!?~?*@# my brain hurts!

Keith
              Our bed extension was all in one piece, perhaps they changed the design later into two pieces.

As regards scanning the manual that would be great Keith, if you can save it as a pdf you can email it to us and we will do the rest

Comment

Thank you Graham, Pauline and Keith. You are all such a great help. I think Keith has hit the nail slap bang on the head, like he always does with my Duo problems. Cushions are already fitted over the water tanks so that is ruled out. I must admit that I had not noticed that one of the bars slots into the other. If I had, that would have been the golden clue for me, I think. I will check this very shortly as I am off out shopping in the Duo soon - will be able to see if my Vodafone thing (not going to use the word d***** for fear of offending someone!) is still connected after following the excellent thread on this subject here on the forum. Will report back here later in the day.
                Thanks again,
                Tony (and Barney, of course).

P.S. Might not need to post a picture now.

Comment

I can confirm that Keith has provided the answer to my query. I have to hang my head in shame because I failed to notice that the other cushion is somewhat larger than the dimensions I quoted. In fact, I had not even moved the second cushion from where it was stored in the above cab space with one of the large cushions partly covering it. Thanks for the help.

Tony.

Comment

Hi Tony

Depending on which way round you sleep, either your feet won't hang off the end or your pillow won't fall off thanks to your new discovery!!!

It may be of interest to you that I am on the last leg of sending a copy of the owner's manual to the website. I'm stuck on the last hurdle but hopefully Pauline is about to email me the last piece of the jigsaw!

Keith

Comment

Hi Keith.
                      Being a shorty, I am hoping to be able to leave those cushions at home to save space and weight. In the Duo, I am planning for my head to be up at the sink end for a few reasons that cannot be altered. I was lucky that all of the manuals came with my Duo - not bad for a eBay purchase, but I could not find the information or pictures (terrible pics. I thought) I needed for the cushions in the otherwise excellent manuals.

Advance warning :- I am likely to be posting another query soon regarding the fresh water filler outside cap which is not locking, although the key turns.
                      Still trying to figure out how it manages to lock as I see no moving parts inside the cap.
                      I will try and sort it out before pestering people again.

Tony

Comment

Oh Good, Tony
                        I can't lock my water filler cap either, but have been too lazy to do anything about it!
                        Aileen

Comment

Hello Aileen.
                          I knew I could count on your support!!! A Google search earlier this morning reveals that this water cap problem is very, very common and I have now more than a few ideas which I hope to try today. Will keep you posted. I should have started another thread to attract attention to our problem but I will stick here for now.

Tony

Comment

Hi Tony

Still trying to send my manuals to the Forum!! I don't know whether the pics will be any better than yours - I wouldn't think so, they're just photo-copies.

We used to sleep heads at the kitchen end but two new reading lamps fitted at the front prompted me to invent a new bed arrangement. I won't attempt to describe it but it puts our heads at the front end and makes it easier to step out of bed onto the kitchen floor where the Porta Potti is during the night.

The first way, we left the bed-extensions at home, as you said; but now we need them to support the pillows!

Keith

Comment

Hi Keith.

I was wondering if those horrible pictures in the manual, once they are on your computer, could be enhanced with some kind of photo software. I was thinking of a quick fix solution like Irfanview, for instance. Just a thought.

The two main reasons my head end has to be where it is going to be in the Duo is (dare I admit it) the position of the TV and toilet. I have given some thought to the possibilty of pillows falling off that you mention and I think a cushion across the vehicle will do the trick. I will be using the wide single bunk option and hope to be able to adopt a slightly diagonal sleeping position.
                              Will need to test this before I go camping. Good job there is only me and the Yorkie!!!

At the moment I am de-rusting (quite bad) and painting the support bars for the bed and I will have two LED downlights arriving here this week. I am still trying to figure out how to get into the fresh water outside cap. I have read that silicone grease might cure my problem with that.
                              Good luck with those pictures.

Tony

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X