This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 hightop advice....

I've seen a lovely little C15 hightop, 1992, 48k mileage this morning but don't want to let my heart rule my head, its had 4 owners with the most recent being a local lady who looked after it well, body work seems very good, new cambelt with full service and 12mths mot.....no power steering.....I know you can't say without seeing something but I wondered what you'd consider a good price?? Its a local small garage that does have a good few Romahomes, older ones usually for sale and apparently in lovely condition for a 92....... can anymore help??
    I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

Well the mileage is very good... also I wouldn't let the fact that there have been several owners put you off. What I would do is take someone who knows about engines along to have a listen to it running, etc. Sounds like a very good sound buy from the description.

A good price is usually what you are prepared to pay! It's amazing how prices vary.. if you look on ebay and search for Romahome in the vehicles bit you'll see what I mean.

Comment

thanks Jayjay - price is 2,995 with new mot & service, new cambelt, new brake pads & discs & 6 mths tax......just back from having a little tootle in it, bit of an experience to drive I must admit and I see what you all mean re the brakes!! There again its an older diesel, no turbo to kick in etc - I did like it though.......:so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by marymary View Post
        thanks Jayjay - price is 2,995 with new mot & service, new cambelt, new brake pads & discs & 6 mths tax......just back from having a little tootle in it, bit of an experience to drive I must admit and I see what you all mean re the brakes!! There again its an older diesel, no turbo to kick in etc - I did like it though.......:so happy:
        Sounds good,I would, I did ,I had one like that,go for it,see you at the spring meet.
        Ian
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Sounds a good price to me.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            Sounds good,I would, I did ,I had one like that,go for it,see you at the spring meet.
            Ian
            thats what I like to hear Ian........:so happy:

Comment

now, has anyone got any friends who don't want a small motorhome and who'd love to buy my beastie 5 berth Swift Royale Ensign??!!

Comment

I'd go for it! It sounds like a bargain at that price!

Comment

Engine/gearbox in many ways are the least important parts of a C15 romahome as they are designed for high mileage and parts are still readily available. Body condition especially evidence of rust is far more important. I have yet to hear of the demise of a Citroen based Romahome due to mechanical failure but the number of bodies put onto newer vans shows that rust is more of a problem. I can suggest where to look for rust but I am sure that others will be along to add to it.

Here goes.
                  Bonnet, doors and front wings - replacements can be sourced, second hand ones are available because the van was made by Citroen until about 2006
                  Sills - need to be welded by competent body repairer
                  Floor around the handbrake mounting - there is a reinforcing plate and water gets between it and the floor.
                  Scuttle - in various places eg bottom corner of the windscreen, it used to be possible to buy repair sections but I made my own. Also under the part where the windscreen wiper is mounted usually caused by a blocked rubber drainpipe - can be awkward to get to.

Electrics can also be a problem but with patience sorted

Brakes are OK if properly serviced and set up.

If you can find a really good one but it has no power steering I would think that it would be possible to fit PS from a later C15 van.

Peter

Comment

Whats the latest on this Mary, I have been waiting for the outcome

Comment

y reg c15

Well I've just bought a Yreg romahome based on C15 - am hoping to get brakes sorted - and a few other mechanical issues - lots of minor snags to sort out but hoping I haven';t thrown away my money . Would be nice to have a mechanically minded partner to sort out problems - but he's not - I can do very minor things like upholstery and curtains. Can't wait to get on the road but suspect my minor problems may take a wee while to sort. Good luck with yorus

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X