X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome New R20 details

Hi All:

I'm the PR for Romahome - only fair to tell you. Find details of the New R20 at http://www.romahome.com/latest-news.php#article31

Great to see such enthusiasm!

Hi Duettoman

I thought we were PR for Romahome, thanks for the link looking forward to seeing the van on Friday.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

we do so much PR for Romahome I think we deserve a commision
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

romahome

as i see on this site graham and small motorhomes do all p/r for romahome ? diggdeep

Comment

Thanks for the link - the videoclip is great - really shows the innovative features of this beautiful new vehicle.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

very nice, i like it a lot, very very tempted, cant wait to see it in the flesh, so to speak.

nightowl

Comment

Congratulations, DiggDeep, you are bound to enjoy your nice new Romahome. As always in life one man's meat is another man's poison.
              I went to the NEC full of hope and actually interested in buying a New R20. To me, and this is a personal thing I guess, the toilet position was the biggest problem. I cannot imagine us sleeping on 2 separate settees with the toilet in between us. Having a "problem" at night, I am often up to use the toilet and this would involve a great upheaval I imagine. Using the double bed layout means you are sleeping above the toilet and that involves even more upheaval. My other query is the emptying and refilling of the toilet-you have to carry it through over half the length of the Romahome which is awkward with a risk of spillage, apart from the weight. (I have Polymiaglia Rheumatica which restricts muscle movement).
              The previous system of toilet under the tip-up sink was/is ideal for use and emptying. Incidentally, thoroughly extracting all the muck from the sink plug hole using torch, tweezers and a crochet hook has resulted in the water emptying at a giddy speed and gurgling as it goes!
              So, sadly it seems the New R20 is not for us. But if a revised model appears................

Comment

Yes, I agree, the location of the toilet is quite a drawback - I suppose one could site it overnight near the rear entrance to the van (ie in the space between the sink and the cooker). but the cupboard in which it is contained, and the method of getting the loo out, are very clever.

We have yet to see if they will offer an alternative option for the Hylo. as the latter has not yet been made, this is still a possibility. Maybe propspective buyers should contact Mr Bailey to see if this would / could be an option. The Romahome designers do listen to existing / future customers.

For me, one of the best features of the new model is that you can sit on the beds / seats and look out of the opposite window without bending your neck forward. This is a real problem for me as I have such problems with a stiff neck. Also the fact that the front seats fold down completely flat (they don't on my Hylo, which has a 2008 base vehicle) means you could have lovely long beds.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I imagine that the toilet position must have have been one of the most difficult design aspects with such a small vehicle and no doubt a lot of head scratching went on at the design stage. The upgrading of the sink area may have meant that a folding option was not on the cards.

The new arrangement has meant a significant increase in overall storage area.

Sleeping on two singles to maintain access during the night would be ok for us as long as this offered a practical solution.

I'll reserve judgement 'till I've actually seen it and other people's experience and postings here and elsewhere.

Anyway - Well done Romahome for not dropping the R20 concept and for having come up with another great vehicle.

Neil Evans.

Comment

Initial reaction to new R20

I was at the NEC on launch day and visited the stand after I'd seen everything else. I am interested because I will want to "update" soon but not immediately.

I too am glad this size has been kept but rather than bowled over I have my reservations. I really like the fixed high roof (I have a Dual Plus HyLo) and its implications, internally and externally. I'm a bit concerned about the loo as for me that is "no change" in reality, with minimal benefit. There is (relatively) masses more space, storage and light, all good features. I made the mistake of trying to grill a trout the first time I took Freda out but 45 mins later and still more or less uncooked I vowed never to do that again so the improved grill should be good.

I didn't go into the detail of where the reading lights are because that always irritates me on mine ! I really dislike the mechanical legs, mostly because you can do everything else quickly without getting soaked in the rain but the legs still require kneeling on the ground. (Andy Meader did assure me they could factory fit electric / tronic versions - at a price, of course.)

I frequently leave the top half of my double bed in place once I am on a trip. This works well whether or not I am on my own or with someone so the new bedding arrangements are also of minimal benefit to me. I never use the single beds and often have three in the bed

Net ? I, like others, am witholding judgement. I said at the time that the nearest competitor for me is Burstner - and that's a whole other ball park !

Comment

to duettoman

hi see u are p/r for romahome hears a rant or mone from diggdeep in your ads you sae the new R 20 it is fited as standared two foewared fasing seat so y not seat belts fit as stand if u buy a car u do not pay for seat belts in back so wy not in a motorhome or is it to rip more money out os ose so let ose all rant at romahome and let me no wot u all think thanks (tom) diggdeep

Comment

We went yesterday and had a day out today.

Whilst we could have coped with the shape on the outside there were a number of issues moment.

We did not like the L shaped layout (other layouts will be offered)

The spare wheel has gone back to being under the floor as on the C15s, an impossible position in an emergency as we found out once on the Thelwall viaduct

Toilet, we often take out grandson with us and we need the privacy afforded by the toilet under the sink.

We did not like the style and finish of the interior furniture - it looked very old fashioned but at least it was not fibreglass.

The access to the storage space in the luton is very restricted compared with our Outlook and we store 2 folding bikes in that space.

We were considering changing because with my wife's onset of arthritis the extra width for manouvering would have been helpful but we will stick wth what we have got and we will keep our money in the bank

Peter

Comment

[QUOTE=Sotontraveller;27953] I really dislike the mechanical legs, mostly because you can do everything else quickly without getting soaked in the rain but the legs still require kneeling on the ground. (Andy Meader did assure me they could factory fit electric / tronic versions - at a price, of course.)

Just a thought. You could make life easier for yourself by using a battery electric drill to turn the winders as tow caravanners often do-it's very fast! Also, if you find the winding handle tends to bind on the plastic plug in the bumper you can file or grind down the "nut" on the handle a fraction. It all makes for a quicker operation. Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Sotontraveller View Post
                            I was at the NEC on launch day and visited the stand after I'd seen everything else.

I never use the single beds and often have three in the bed
                            Very modern!!

Hi, long time no see!

Comment

New r20

hi can any one tell ouse if they placed a order for one as we did but get home reading the paper work and ring trading standards seat belts in back are in with price not ext price i will bee ring sales man mon morning diggdeep(tom)

Comment