X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First trip in Romahome

Hi all,
    my wife and I have just returned from our first trip away in our HyLo. We stayed for two nights at Inver Mill Farm near Dunkeld. Our Romahome behaved perfectly and was so well insulated we did not need to use the wee fan heater we had bought (see heater thread). Nice campsite, very clean facilities, quiet, plenty of hot water, lots of walks to take the dog. Hermitage particularly worth visiting. Dunkeld itself a pleasant wee place with lots of excellent coffee shops, second hand book shops, cathedral etc. Will stop off there again come the spring and get in a few hours fishing in the Tay. Highly recommend the campsite and area for anyone looking for a quite stop for a night or two.

Len

good for you

hi glade u had a good time if we get cold on a night put kettle on soon warms up good look if you north yorks way let ose no diggdeep

Comment

We have camped out in minus 10 degrees in our HyLo. Admittedly we did not put the roof up, but they are so well insulated. We use ours in all weathers.
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        We have camped out in minus 10 degrees in our HyLo. Admittedly we did not put the roof up, but they are so well insulated. We use ours in all weathers.
        What I'm wondering about, re using our hylo in freezing conditions, is whether or not to drain off the water supply to the pod and just use a water container. Also , as the loo is inside the pod, would it be protected from freezing? Not sure what the freezing point would be as chemicals in the water would affect this.

Anyway, it will certainly beat being in a tent when there is frost on the ground! And yes, we have done that.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

We had no ice on the inside of the pod windows, so I'm sure your loo would be fine. As for the water, we did not use our system that weekend, it was drained, as we were visiting my daughter in Uni. so used her facilities. The milk froze in the bottle we left under the van though.
          Alan

Comment

All this talk off ice........ Brrrrrrrrr

Its still sunny in Deal (nr Dover) and its shorts and t shirt weather. :so happy:

Your sure its nearly Mid October

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X