No announcement yet.

Essential equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic storage boxes to go under seats and in cupboards.

Comment

Make a list first. keep it simple try it out .. there is a weight limit to consider .for one .one knife/fork spoon . or 6 of each and the bone china .try it out in the drive or near to home .
      BuzznDave

Comment

Thanks for that - I did bring extra cutlery but needed it, as I had several friends round to visit. Unfortunately I only brought two coffee cups! Must remember to bring a third next time

Comment

Originally posted by Annelies View Post
          Thanks for that - I did bring extra cutlery but needed it, as I had several friends round to visit. Unfortunately I only brought two coffee cups! Must remember to bring a third next time
          Sometimes only having two of everything can work in your favour:

”I’d offer you a glass of wine but we’ve only got two glasses” 😈
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

New in our car, the bag, not whats in it, that was in the car before, all the things one hopes one will never use....

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07C97Z9S3/...ing=UTF8&psc=1 (mind you, the bag does comes empty)

PSX_20200903_095825.jpg

PSX_20200903_095759.jpg

Best first aid bag I ever had for the car, easily attaches everywhere, for example at the back of the headrest, I got a very small (different) one for the back pack for hiking and so on as well....
            Last edited by NiedrigerIQ; 03-09-2020, 09:04.

Comment

One tip is to add a carabiner to wine and beer glasses so that they can be clipped to the belt, so that when met with
              I’d offer you a glass of wine but we’ve only got two glasses”
              You can reply with
              That's OK, I've brought my own!

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
                We carry 3 or 4 rechargeable lamps like this one with USB RECHARGEABLE CAMPING LIGHTS.jpg

They are great of an evening to read by (better and more positionable than the halogen lights we have)

They last for ages when fully charged and they act as emergency chargers for the phone or Kindle

It also has a flashing orange warning light for breakdowns

I keep one by me in the van at night for my night time excursions to the back of the van as it saves turning the bigger light on and disturbing John who gets up much less frequently than I do !!!
                HELLO SANDRA: can you identify the rechargeable light you illustrate and suggest where I might get one? Halfords don't sell them. Thanks.

Paul.
                Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

Hang on just a minute Doblo7
                  I know we got them from Amazon I'll just check the catalongue number. We got them after Graham reviewed them

Comment

Look a bit like Luci lights.

Comment

Doblo7
                      I have checked our Amazon account and the brand we last bought (Yosoan, we couldn't get the same ones as before), no longer appear to be available.

However, this pair are much the same and get good reviews

Yizhet LED Camping Lantern, USB Rechargeable Camping Lamp Flashlights & Power Bank, Camping Light with Magnetic Base 3 Modes Waterproof Portable Outdoor Tent Light for Hiking, Fishing (2 Pack) £15.99

Our last ones were £8.99 each

We use them all the time, in fact, in preference to the internal lighting in the van, even though changed the bulbs to LCD.

Once charged they last for ages and can also be used to charge the mobile on the move or my Kindle when it gets low

Hope that helps

Comment

Like the idea of that SandraM . We are always fighting for charging space.

Comment

This is the one I reviewed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lavievert-C...language=en_GB

Here’s my review

Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Quite a bit more expensive but in keeping with the Romahome minimalism are inflatable LED lanterns such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/LuminAID-lu.../dp/B072F2YSHB - we have that exact model but bought ours from Shelterbox so we really considered it a donation to charity as much as a light. We have another, similar which we bought to support a water charity when over in Hawaii - they both fold very flat and live in the pelmet of our R20 so they are always to hand in the event of something like a catastrophic battery failure.

USB charging - you can now get plenty of 3-way cigarette lighter - USB plug chargers, Amazon even do a 4 way one. We have an Aukey 3 way one which is very good and lives permanently in our 12v aux socket. A large capacity Li-Ion battery charger like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Power...k/dp/B00VJSGT2 is very useful too as it can be stuck in the backpack and provide emergency phone power - all our maps are on our phone so phones running out of battery would be a nuisance at best and potentially dangerous.

Comment

They're the ones Graham but when I came to re-order they didn't have them so I went with the Yoasan ones but they are not available now either

The Lavievert do now seem to be available Doblo7

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X