R30 water pump location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R30 water pump location

Hi. Having some difficulties with my water - hot and cold. Flow not so good, (well when you get to my age!!) and always seems to be air so when i turn the tap off - the pump continues. Any suggestions? Where is the pump and filter located?

Hi and welcome

ours was in the little cupboard under the window behind the drivers seat, next to passenger seat.

If ours did that we either ran water from all taps for a while, or sucked on the tap while they were open and it fixed the air issue.

Comment

Ta. found it. Now discovering that when i turn the taps on with the switch at campervan battery the battery level indicator goes straight to low and stays there, even when i turn the tap off. However when I switch to car battery the indicator remains high! Any ideas? I'm now charging the campervan battery to see if it is charging ok. Battery window indicator suggests it needs charged. Dont understand why its low! Any thoughts anyone

Comment

Have you checked the drain tap on the water heater? I forgot to close this after draining down for winter. Consequently, when I filled and tested the water system later in the year, the taps pulsed and gurgled and the pump went on for ever! Not sure about the battery, other than all batteries will lose charge over a period of time when they have no imput. If you can, take it for a good drive as this will benefit the tyres, batteries and engine. Hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

Sometimes on ours the needle used to stick, try tapping the plastic you might find the needle shoots back up.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Steve! I'll maybe check that out. That sounds like exactly what our water is doing. Sounds like we are about to take off!!! What did you do then with the water/air in your water heater?

Comment

Originally posted by pmac View Post
              Steve! I'll maybe check that out. That sounds like exactly what our water is doing. Sounds like we are about to take off!!! What did you do then with the water/air in your water heater?
              Hi, I just closed the drain tap ( small black lever at rear, under fridge) filled the tank, opened all the taps and turned on the pump. Leave the taps open until you get a steady flow, then turn them off. Pump should stop after a few seconds. I think someone on here mentioned driving around for a couple of miles if you still have air in the system to dislodge it, but I didn't have to. Know what you mean by the noise, sounded like someone starting a chainsaw in the bathroom! Good luck.

Steve

Comment

I replaced the voltage meter with a cheap DVM module... however unless everything is switched off, the meter does not accurately indicate the battery voltage. There will be a voltage drop along the cables from the battery to the Zig and this will depend on the current drawn. It could be that the leisure battery is duff or not charging properly, but you need to check the voltage at the battery terminals to be sure.
                Still crazy after all these beers.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X