As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEC Friday

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NEC Friday

    We had a lovely day at the NEC on Friday and managed to get to the Romahome stand to see the new R20, we were quite impressed with it, lots of new features but still very like the old R20 which we all love.

    It was nice to meet and have a chat with Brian Bailey, Andrew Jones, Dan Bailey, Neville Peachy and of course Ant. It sounds like the show has been a great success with a lot of interest in the Romahomes.

    I managed to get a few pics and a video of the new model so I will try and get those on line this weekend if possible but we are busy with grandchildren so please be patient.

    We also had an interesting chat with Liz from Rascalf Duvalay about their recent appearance on Dragons Den.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

    #2
    Thanks Graham,
    Glad you enjoyed the NEC, I like the look of the new van and there's been some interesting comments about it here too. Looking forward to seeing the pics and vid... but understand that Grandchildren really do come first! Also good to hear Romahome had a lot of interest, not the same for everyone at the show I hear!
    All the best
    Andyvan

    Comment


      #3
      Pics of new R20

      Here are a few pictures to be going on with, video to follow hopefully. Click the pictures for a larger image.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

      Comment


        #4
        And some more.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

        Comment


          #5
          As you can see from the pictures, these pictures are with the L shaped configuration lounge which you need for the toilet option. The porta potti sits in the drawer which pulls out from under the seat at the front of the van behind the cab seats.

          To answer the question of night time use, you would need to take the porta potti out and either place it in the galley area or in the awning if you have one before making up the double bed. If you sleep with two singles you should be able to use it in situ.

          With the L shape lounge option it wouldn't be possible to get from the cab to the living area without going round the van to the back door.

          There are storage cupboards above the cooker and sink and one below the sink. The door is considerably wider than the old R20.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

          Comment


            #6
            get from back to front

            Originally posted by Graham View Post
            As you can see from the pictures, these pictures are with the L shaped configuration lounge which you need for the toilet option. The porta potti sits in the drawer which pulls out from under the seat at the front of the van behind the cab seats.

            To answer the question of night time use, you would need to take the porta potti out and either place it in the galley area or in the awning if you have one before making up the double bed. If you sleep with two singles you should be able to use it in situ.

            With the L shape lounge option it wouldn't be possible to get from the cab to the living area without going round the van to the back door.

            There are storage cupboards above the cooker and sink and one below the sink. The door is considerably wider than the old R20.
            graham did u not see the big box that goes full width at back seats diggdeep(tom)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
              graham did u not see the big box that goes full width at back seats diggdeep(tom)
              Hi Tom

              You mean the L shaped lounge, yes I did it's in the pictures, that's why I said you can't get from the driver's area into the living area without going round to the back door.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

              Comment


                #8
                whats happend to the storage under the sink? far less than the old R20, have they made up for it somewhere else, we put our pots, pans, and a lot more items in this section not sure i like that.

                Will you be putting the videos on here Graham?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                  whats happend to the storage under the sink? far less than the old R20, have they made up for it somewhere else, we put our pots, pans, and a lot more items in this section not sure i like that.

                  Will you be putting the videos on here Graham?
                  There is still a storage cupboard under the sink but as you say probably less than the old R20.

                  I'll put a link to our Youtube channel once the video has been uploaded, I am working on it now. Don't get too excited though it was difficult to video with lots of folk milling round. I could do with a look at one without any interruptions so I can think about what I need to video, it was all a bit rushed.

                  Maybe next time we nip to Ant's he will have one I can have a proper look at.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Diggdeep obviously managed to get a better look than me because he tells me there is a box which runs the width of the van behind the seats and will be handy to put things into.

                    Also in my picture looking at the van from the rear door looking forwards, just below the luton is what looks like padding and if you pull that out the table is stored in there..........very clever.

                    Thanks to Diggdeep for this information.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Video now on our youtube channel, http://youtu.be/ePvDQpZJzko
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                      Comment

                      320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                      Collapse

                      728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X