As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New R20 video on line now

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New R20 video on line now

I managed to get a video of the new R20, it's not brilliant because of the amount of people milling round but if you want to view you can see it here:

http://youtu.be/ePvDQpZJzko
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

is there a grill?

Comment

No Grill

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
      is there a grill?
      No there is no grill now they said it didn,t work very well so have left it out

Comment

no grill because ...

Well, that is certainly true re the grill being totally naff. I have even contemplated taking my two ring and grill camping cooker with me to compensate...or an electric toaster...but can't spare the space. This was an area of weakness that I hadn't anticipated and was quite disappointed by. How could beans on toast suddenly become such hard work?

Thanks, Graham, for taking and posting the video.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Oddly the grill in my C15 was ok,you simply had tp let it get hot enough first then all was well.I have to admit I hardly used it. Never used to one in my berlingo.
          You can get a little pyramid type toaster that sits onto of a gas ring,the french use them a lot,or used to in my younger days.I have seen one advertised for campervans.
          Last edited by Ian.C.S; 17-10-2011, 08:09.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
            Well, that is certainly true re the grill being totally naff. I have even contemplated taking my two ring and grill camping cooker with me to compensate...or an electric toaster...but can't spare the space. This was an area of weakness that I hadn't anticipated and was quite disappointed by. How could beans on toast suddenly become such hard work?

Thanks, Graham, for taking and posting the video.
            Sue This is what I was talking about,you can get it from amazon via the forum link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camping-Stov...8836224&sr=8-4

Ian

ps you could always go back to basics and buy a toasting fork and toast over the gas,works well for muffins,have done it.
            Last edited by Ian.C.S; 17-10-2011, 08:32.

Comment

ps you could always go back to basics and buy a toasting fork and toast over the gas,works well for muffins,have done it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, back to childhood days now, though even then the toasting fork was a funny, old-fashioned thing to use in front of our coal fire. I wonder if the old fork is buried up in the attic...? Might be time to consider staying at home for a weekend, just to do some clearing out...nah! IOW next, she says, having just returned from whitewater rafting at Bala N Wales

Thanks for the link, Ian. Good idea to use one of those over the ring toasting things, but really shouldn't have to.

It really is an irritating weakness - I ended up physically holding the grill pan up to the gas, rotating the bread as necessary, and STILL had to wait ages for slight colouration to appear. And I prefer to GRILL things like bacon, on the odd occasion that we eat it. Even use the grill to crisp off cheese potato.

Comment

Somebody has suggested though that you can use the grill area for storage for the plates... unfortunately mine my gril does not have a door on it but it still may work with some non slip matting.

Having a good storage area for the plates would be a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
                  ps you could always go back to basics and buy a toasting fork and toast over the gas,works well for muffins,have done it.

or you could get one of these for when you are on EHU

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-Toa...846612&sr=8-15

and Amazon sell a range of toasting forks
                  Last edited by Ian.C.S; 17-10-2011, 11:29.

Comment

If I had to choose between the new R20 and the 'old' my choice would definatley be the 'old'. Being the shared owner of the Duo Outlook (R20) of course I am prejudice. But, the new one's interior looks ''squeezed'' with less room. I certainly don't like the toilet situation. All the feeling of space has been taken away. This is only my opinion but first impression was ''I really don't like it''
                    Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                      or you could get one of these for when you are on EHU

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-Toa...846612&sr=8-15

and Amazon sell a range of toasting forks
                      Funnily enough, I do have a single sandwich toaster in one of my little cupboards, but this is certainly a good suggestion. Maybe when entertaining family in the adjacent tent, as per this w/d, I'll bring the extra camping cooker, as well as the big khyam tent!

Tee hee had rather a hngover yesterday morning, just the right condition for the whitewater rafting in the afternoon!!

Comment

grill pan

try as we did put a pice paving in then grill pan can go on top or if you have the wire bit out of a old grill pan put on top of that it put it up closer one good thing with the new R20 i will not have to get up to do the toast (tom) diggdeep:so happy:

Comment

I have read everyones opinion with great interest,but Im still going to get one of the new R20`s when I retire,it will be great for me on my own,and I dont mind the loo being where it is,I also use a toilet tent. I havent slept in a single bed for many decades,so I will be interested to see how the wider single feels,although I suspect I will go back to a double.Having no grill doesnt bother me,and the storage looks OK for my needs.
                          Roll on retirement.

Comment

I think it looks very good especially the outside, I suspect with different lighter upholstery the inside will seem bigger, the dimensions of it are bigger and lounging about looks very good (most important!) also great to see the overall concept is still intact.
                            Seems a shame to lose some kitchen storage under the sink and it looks like the hanging 'wardrobe' has gone, though I tend to use mine for bags of clothes rather than hanging anything. I like it very much overall, and am looking forward to seeing one 'in the flesh' though it's rather academic as they will be somewhat 'preloved' by the time I can get one!
                            Happy trails
                            Andyvan

Comment

lights in side

the lights in side are now down would lights as u get at home each on as swich a little fideley as i could see (tom) diggdeep

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X