This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Tank filler cap

We had a problem with the water tank filler cap whilst we were away in London over the last week. It would not lock and my wife gets a bit paranoid about things like this.

I followed the advice from the Motorhome facts forum and boiled it for a few minutes and guess what it is working again.

Boiled the whole filler cap? Do tell more, I need to sort mine out too,
    Aileen

Comment

Yes I just put it in a pan of boiling water for a few minutes and then when I tried it the two parts moved

Comment

I tried the boiling in water remedy for the second time today and this time it has worked fine with no problems, so give it a go Aileen if you have not done so already. Three cheers for whoever came up with that idea!

Tony

Comment

Only just joined te site.

I came across this thread and though ok I'll give the biling trick a try before I buy a new cap.

What can I say, it worked first time. Saved me the expense of a replacement.

Many thanks

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by solowanderer View Post
            Only just joined te site.

I came across this thread and though ok I'll give the biling trick a try before I buy a new cap.

What can I say, it worked first time. Saved me the expense of a replacement.

Many thanks

Adrian
            Hi Adrian

Welcome to the forum, glad you have solved a problem and saved a bit of money, that's what this forum is all about.

Happy camping.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Water Tank filler cap

Hi everyone,

As this is my first post hope it comes out OK without too many mistukes.

Just wanted to add my thanks to whoever came up with the boiling sticking water filler cap idea and posted it on the site – my cap didn’t work for months and no amount of lubrication freed it up. A dunking for three minutes in water that had just boiled freed up the plastic bits and when locked it now spins round without the cap coming off! Been working fine for at least three months.

Great web site packed with practical advice and helpful information.
              Cheers,
              Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                Hi everyone,

As this is my first post hope it comes out OK without too many mistukes.

Just wanted to add my thanks to whoever came up with the boiling sticking water filler cap idea and posted it on the site – my cap didn’t work for months and no amount of lubrication freed it up. A dunking for three minutes in water that had just boiled freed up the plastic bits and when locked it now spins round without the cap coming off! Been working fine for at least three months.

Great web site packed with practical advice and helpful information.
                Cheers,
                Terry.
                Hi Terry, thanks for the feedback on the forum, glad you are finding it useful, as you have probably realised there are lots of very knowledgeable people on here on too willing to impart their wisdom.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X