As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visit to the Romahome factory.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to the Romahome factory.

Have just returned from a short visit to the Isle of Wight, staying at Comforts Farm, just outside Cowes. They very kindly prolonged their season by a few days especailly for us, so we were the only campers on the field.

Daniel gave us a fascinating tour of the Romahome factory - worth a visit, folks - whilst the men were finishing off a job they were doing on our van for us. Thanks, Daniel.

Just one thought - are there no local females qualified to work there? I thought girls / women were beginning to access such technical education nowadays?
    Carpe diem! :)

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
    Have just returned from a short visit to the Isle of Wight, staying at Comforts Farm, just outside Cowes. They very kindly prolonged their season by a few days especailly for us, so we were the only campers on the field.

Daniel gave us a fascinating tour of the Romahome factory - worth a visit, folks - whilst the men were finishing off a job they were doing on our van for us. Thanks, Daniel.

Just one thought - are there no local females qualified to work there? I thought girls / women were beginning to access such technical education nowadays?
    I get a few female engineers/technicians who come to repair equipment,but I have yet to see one working in a garage or light industrial engineering, but the overall numbers are still low,very much higher in I.T,not uncommon there.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I worked in a garage for nearly 10 years back in the late 70's early 80's in the car body repair shop. I was preparing, welding, spraying etc

Comment

Originally posted by mari2chris View Post
        I worked in a garage for nearly 10 years back in the late 70's early 80's in the car body repair shop. I was preparing, welding, spraying etc
        Perhaps you could have a quick look at our wheel arches when we next meet up?
        Mary

Comment

... and when you've finished with Mary you're welcome to look at my sills, doors, wings and bonnet better be a looooonnnnggg weekend meet.
          Happy trails
          Andyvan

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            I get a few female engineers/technicians who come to repair equipment,but I have yet to see one working in a garage or light industrial engineering, but the overall numbers are still low,very much higher in I.T,not uncommon there.
            Perhaps that's the problem - not enough overalls, or they are the wrong shape and why do folk need overalls in IT

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
              Perhaps that's the problem - not enough overalls, or they are the wrong shape and why do folk need overalls in IT
              ha ha I like it!

My eldest, a computer engineer, considers black t-shirts with a range of ...er...interesting ...motifs on, plus jeans, suitable attire when SHE goes to work. I think she is considered an honorary man at work! (Can't see her under the bonnet of a car somehow, though.)

And yes, we ARE very proud of her!
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X