As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filling cold water tank

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling cold water tank

I have gone back to using the Aquaroll water carrier whitch i bought about 20 years ago with a submerible pump plus plastic tubing to fill our water tank on our R25 .A lot less work than the two 10l L containers i used before and a lot easier .The aquaroll just fits in the over cab storage

BRIAN

Originally posted by Mr T View Post
    I have gone back to using the Aquaroll water carrier whitch i bought about 20 years ago with a submerible pump plus plastic tubing to fill our water tank on our R25 .A lot less work than the two 10l L containers i used before and a lot easier .The aquaroll just fits in the over cab storage

BRIAN

What's wrong with a hose pipe ( food grade of course ) but now's the time to be drain the water tanks for the winter weather.
    when wild camping we use 2 x 10 litre containers and siphon into the fresh water tank as we use water. The containers fold flat for storage I would not want to hump an Aquaroll about that went with the caravan a long time ago.
    We also treat our fresh water with Elsil ( made by ELSAN )

Alf

Comment

We have a small plastic squash bottle we fill up for drinking water and then use the water out of the tank for everything else, we fill the tank with a hosepipe. I wouldn't want an aqua roll either, too much hard work lugging it about. All down to personal preference I suppose.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

two 5 ltr water bottle one for us one for waste when it get to battered time to buy new one 5 ltrs does me for a dayand a bit if cant find refill nip in to local cemetary they normaly got taps just chuck pound in church box better to give it them than supermarkets and i dont feel guilty about it

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
          What's wrong with a hose pipe ( food grade of course ) but now's the time to be drain the water tanks for the winter weather.
          when wild camping we use 2 x 10 litre containers and siphon into the fresh water tank as we use water. The containers fold flat for storage I would not want to hump an Aquaroll about that went with the caravan a long time ago.
          We also treat our fresh water with Elsil ( made by ELSAN )

Alf
          Hose pipe is ok but it means you have to start up the van and drive over to the tap .We mostley go to the caravan and camping holiday sites and do not move the van during our stay.
          BRIAN

Comment

I stopped using the specially bought hosepipe to fill the water tank for my R20 - took too much storage space in that little cupboard. Admittedly I could have cut it down in size. Also found it easier for two of us to share the job of checking the water levels when using the hose - the alternative being to fill until water spurted out of the hole, all very well provided you lid for the tank was securely fastened. Otherwise....!

I now use a couple of two large water bottles to fill the tank from inside the van. That way I can see exactly how mush I have put in. I sometimes top them up in order to carry additional water, depending on my destination and distance to be travelled.
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I have a 25l jerrican which lasts me about a week. For drinking water, I use flavoured spring/mineral waters from supermarkets then use the empties for refilling the jerrican, usually from the nappy-changing room in supermarkets which have taps at just the right height. I feel a bit guilty skulking in without the requisite baby though...

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                I have a 25l jerrican which lasts me about a week. For drinking water, I use flavoured spring/mineral waters from supermarkets then use the empties for refilling the jerrican, usually from the nappy-changing room in supermarkets which have taps at just the right height. I feel a bit guilty skulking in without the requisite baby though...
                just wrap it up in a baby blanket and cuddle it then it wont look to bad lol or go the hole hog fit a dolls head on the top of bottle fomcl at this thought

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post
                  just wrap it up in a baby blanket and cuddle it then it wont look to bad lol or go the hole hog fit a dolls head on the top of bottle fomcl at this thought
                  --------------------------------------------
                  Lovely image!
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X