X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jayjay
    replied
    It doesn't mean to say it can't be done though, does it? I remember KiwiDave and a few others who had no choice but to swap vehicles or scrap the whole thing, which is an awful shame for the Romahome body.

Perhaps you could find the thread from KiwiDave about how he did it. However, I am talking about the demountable versions here. I think they might be different from the non-demountables.

Leave a comment:

• robert25910
    replied
    Grahamm, thank you for forwarding thread many thanks regards Bob

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    I've found THIS THREAD on our old forum, when Pendel asked a similar question of Ant.

Leave a comment:

• robert25910
    replied
    thank you barry for your reply it certainly makes me think that it is not an option

Leave a comment:

• barry5
    replied
    There have been many threads about this in the past. The general impression I have gained from reading them is that it's not a good idea; Romahome apparently fixed the bodies to the C15 so that they cannot easily be removed whilst retaining their strength; Romahome used a C15 chassis/cab rather than a cut down van (apart from the very early ones); the later C15 vans had less payload than those used by Romahome; Romahome disowned all responsibility for any such re-mounting and demanded that all branding be removed; etc etc.

Perhaps Graham can track down the past (archived?) discussions and include them in a post.

Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but others on this forum may be able to give more detail.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• robert25910
    started a topic removal of body shell from c15

removal of body shell from c15

Hi can anybody advise me on the procedure for removal of fibreglass body off one rusted c15 romahome to refit on a 04 c15 van any advice will be gratefully received many thanks Bob