X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De-mounting the old RomaPod and driving the pickup about

2 questions :

A) tips for getting fast at mounting and de-mounting the pod. (never done it before)
    B) am i insured in the event of an accident ? if the RomaPod is not on the pick- up truck ?

Hi the secret to demounting comes in three parts
    1 practice
    2 practice some more
    3 then practice even more

sorry but i have a demountable (not a roma )and the first couple of times i forgot things and did things in different order ,so it was a bit fraught
    now i can mount and dissmount completely in less than ten minuits
    work out a system and stick to it till its second nature
    and dont let people help they may not be there when you need to do it.
    as for insurance i had the same thaught so i searched for an insurer that gave me a three way policy ,,pickup as a car, camper pod as a caravan and two together as a motorhome (campton insurance )ime sure there are others but they where good price and easy to deal with
    MOS

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post
      Hi the secret to demounting comes in three parts
      1 practice
      2 practice some more
      3 then practice even more

sorry but i have a demountable (not a roma )and the first couple of times i forgot things and did things in different order ,so it was a bit fraught
      now i can mount and dissmount completely in less than ten minuits
      work out a system and stick to it till its second nature
      and dont let people help they may not be there when you need to do it.
      as for insurance i had the same thaught so i searched for an insurer that gave me a three way policy ,,pickup as a car, camper pod as a caravan and two together as a motorhome (campton insurance )ime sure there are others but they where good price and easy to deal with
      MOS
      I agree with using Campton insurace brokers they know what all variations of demountables or indeed Romahome Duo's like ours are. Most brokers don't have a clue about demountables and it's the customer that usually will come out worse.
      Interesting site featuring a Roma demountable being fitted to a new hijet at
      www.pbase.com/stevehorn
      Check out each pic as there is info underneath and his all galleries as idea's about mounting eg. putting 2 sheets of mdf under rear steadies allowing you to slide back side to side to get in right postion

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X