As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De-mounting the old RomaPod and driving the pickup about

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterfowden
    replied
    Originally posted by MOS View Post
    Hi the secret to demounting comes in three parts
    1 practice
    2 practice some more
    3 then practice even more

sorry but i have a demountable (not a roma )and the first couple of times i forgot things and did things in different order ,so it was a bit fraught
    now i can mount and dissmount completely in less than ten minuits
    work out a system and stick to it till its second nature
    and dont let people help they may not be there when you need to do it.
    as for insurance i had the same thaught so i searched for an insurer that gave me a three way policy ,,pickup as a car, camper pod as a caravan and two together as a motorhome (campton insurance )ime sure there are others but they where good price and easy to deal with
    MOS
    I agree with using Campton insurace brokers they know what all variations of demountables or indeed Romahome Duo's like ours are. Most brokers don't have a clue about demountables and it's the customer that usually will come out worse.
    Interesting site featuring a Roma demountable being fitted to a new hijet at
    www.pbase.com/stevehorn
    Check out each pic as there is info underneath and his all galleries as idea's about mounting eg. putting 2 sheets of mdf under rear steadies allowing you to slide back side to side to get in right postion

Leave a comment:

• MOS
    replied
    Hi the secret to demounting comes in three parts
    1 practice
    2 practice some more
    3 then practice even more

sorry but i have a demountable (not a roma )and the first couple of times i forgot things and did things in different order ,so it was a bit fraught
    now i can mount and dissmount completely in less than ten minuits
    work out a system and stick to it till its second nature
    and dont let people help they may not be there when you need to do it.
    as for insurance i had the same thaught so i searched for an insurer that gave me a three way policy ,,pickup as a car, camper pod as a caravan and two together as a motorhome (campton insurance )ime sure there are others but they where good price and easy to deal with
    MOS

Leave a comment:

• De-mounting the old RomaPod and driving the pickup about

2 questions :

A) tips for getting fast at mounting and de-mounting the pod. (never done it before)
    B) am i insured in the event of an accident ? if the RomaPod is not on the pick- up truck ?

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X