This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threadbare seats!

We have a 1998 Duo and when we bought it 3 yrs ago the drivers and passenger seats were worn threadbare. We were told the previous owner (who had it from new) used it as an everyday vehicle. We have put seat covers on but just wondered if there was any other way to cover them. It is the blue patterned material and the seats are only worn on the edges obviously where they got in and out of the van. Any ideas would be appreciated

Can't think of a better way than seat covers. I bet it's expensive to have car seats recovered. Here's one I found, but the site says the owner is temporarily incapacitated!

http://www.ajsupholstery.co.uk/car%20and%20caravan.htm

Comment

Thankyou Jay Jay for the info will save the site, might be worth looking into.

Comment

I would consider used parts from late model crash write offs. Try Googling ' used car parts ' or perhaps have a look at sites like http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/find-a-part or http://www.breakersweb.co.uk/ for example .

Regards, Neil
        Last edited by Brougham; 20-11-2011, 21:58. Reason: Add further info

Comment

Are the seats covered to match the rear of the Romahome, if so You can probably get details of who does Romahome upholstery. They may be able to supply you with a pair of the covers that they fit. If they are the original van seat covers there are a number of companies that make tailored covers to fit.

Peter

Comment

Thanks for all the info at least I have a few options now to follow up. Thanks again everyone

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
              Are the seats covered to match the rear of the Romahome, if so You can probably get details of who does Romahome upholstery. They may be able to supply you with a pair of the covers that they fit. If they are the original van seat covers there are a number of companies that make tailored covers to fit.

Peter
              Peter, sorry to hijack the thread, but my Duo has grey front seats rather than the usual matching-the-rear blue. Is this common?
              Any idea who sells that blue Romahome fabric as I'd like to get covers made to match the back.
              BTW my local seat trimmer Moores can charge up to £300 a seat for classic seat recovering Hope I can find a cheaper method.
              Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

You need to ask Romahome who supplies their trim now. It used to be Mastertrim but they appear to have gone out of business. If you are practical then you could replace the seat cover yourself. Citroen sell replacement covers but they are very expensive. The trim suppliers may supply you with covers to fit yourself if you ask them and they can match your fabric.

As for front seats being covered to match or not - it depends whether they were specced up for covered seats when it was built.

Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter, I'll have a chat. With the amount of Duo's coming up to 10+ years old there should be a small market for that fabric.
                  Just need to see who has it stashed away (Business head on!)
                  Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X