This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any C15 Romahomers go on Rallies

Hi we are looking to buy a Romahome next yr after selling our caravan.
    And as we love to do rallies and CCC Meets I was wondering if any c15 owners do the same in there c15 Romerhomes.
    I ask cos the dealer we got our caravan from says that the romahome is only used as a weekender, not what we use our caravan for.
    Any advice or info would be greatly welcomed, plse.:so happy:

We have had larger campervans in the past but think that the romahome is ideal noe we are retired and it will be a get up and go travel were ever we want and chap to run lol.

Originally posted by tourroma View Post
    Hi we are looking to buy a Romahome next yr after selling our caravan.
    And as we love to do rallies and CCC Meets I was wondering if any c15 owners do the same in there c15 Romerhomes.
    I ask cos the dealer we got our caravan from says that the romahome is only used as a weekender, not what we use our caravan for.
    Any advice or info would be greatly welcomed, plse.:so happy:

We have had larger campervans in the past but think that the romahome is ideal noe we are retired and it will be a get up and go travel were ever we want and chap to run lol.
    Go on Rallies? Can a duck swim? YOU BET WE DO.
    Join the roma club they have lots of cheap meets and rallies and this forum does too,look at the fancy meeting up thread.
    Your dealer is an ignorant twit.This year I have attended 19 meets and rallies and Im not finished yet,and that doesnt include numerous weekends at the south coast.
    Dont let a dopey dealer put you off.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Only for weekends???? He must be joking, we had many fortnights holidays in France and other places in our C15 and later Romahome Duo which is the same size.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

He would say that, no i can assure you as can everyone on here a Romahome is not just for the weekend, as graham said, we use ours all year and stay away for as long as work commitments allow us to, weeks at a time, and when i retire it will be months at a time, a home from home, cant wait.

Nightowl

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Tourroma. What an idiot that dealer is. Carole and I (I am 73) went to southern Spain and back in our Hylo this year over 8 weeks. Great fun, and much easier to set up than a towed caravan. After 38 years towing a caravan we changed last November to a Romahome. Absolutely fabulous, we would not change back. Don't even think about it, just do it!
          Graham and Carole, and good luck.

Comment

We used to have a C15 and now we have an Outlook, we very rarely use full facility sites, long periods away are no problem as long as you are on very good terms with your camping partner.

Rally fields and minimum facility sites using a Romahome make camping affordable for us. (WE tend to use a mixture or aires, france passion or acsi sites when in France - this makes our French holidays cheaper than camping at home. We usually cross through the tunnel using our Tesco vouchers but we have booked with Norfolk Line for next April at £39 return)

Peter

Comment

Thanks Guys

Well that is telling me lol great info guys, from all of you.
              And the fact that 1 member has changed from a caravan to a Romahome c15 is encourageing:so happy:
              Well i am defo going to get a romahome now .
              And have been looking at revew sites on the c15, some guys on there say not to worry about the milage being high, as if looked after they go for ever lol.
              1 done 211,000 in his serviced every 6 months and only prob was with the pipe under the vents by windscreen, being blocked, drained it and cleened it now fine.
              1 guy has a Romahome on the revew site, he says the same his has done over 100,000 miles . may get a cheaper older Romahome sooner when caravan is sold should sel for £3,000 + and a bit saved lol around £4,500 will that get me a nice 1 guys.
              What about parts are they reasonable,

Comment

Hi. I thought I'd already posted in this thread but the message seems to have been eaten up by the gremlins!

Welcome to the site and yes, Romahomes go rallying, to festivals, on short and long adventures. :so happy:

As well as 3 festivals in May/june/July, and a lot of weekend trips, I managed a ten day trip to Norfolk, culminating in the Romahome rally, which was lovely - some very pleasant, friendly people there .

For short trips, I haven't been bothering with an awning / pup tent. But, personally, for longer trips I think using an awning would make all the difference to your comfort inside the van, especially if there are two people travelling.

Being a relatively new owner (since June 2011), I'm still at the stage of carting too much with me and am now trying verrrry hard to cut back to the basics.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

nice 1 nomadsue

Thanks for that info nomadSue.:so happy:
                  it is not a realy good time for selling a caravan even 1 like mine with more extras that a soup on tv lol.
                  So can't waite till next yr to get things sorted, then ahramahoming we shall go.
                  Bet norfolk was brilliant, and i like the idea of the roma club meets, pas meeting up and puting faces to the guys i talk to on here.

Q do you guys recon i can get a good Romahome for say £4,500 or beter save more ???.

Comment

I had a 5 month holiday in the south of France in my C15. I also carried an 18 ft sea kayak on the roof too. Unfortunatly I now have to sell it due to a health problem. I'll remember this summer and my C15 for the rest of my life.

Comment

Really sorry that you are going to have to sell your Romahome Nigel. I am sure that when you have recovered from your accident you will want to be off camping again. Perhaps if finances allow you should think twice about selling.

I hope your legs are improving

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
                        I had a 5 month holiday in the south of France in my C15. I also carried an 18 ft sea kayak on the roof too. Unfortunatly I now have to sell it due to a health problem. I'll remember this summer and my C15 for the rest of my life.
                        Nigel, not sure whether you meant the Romahome or the Kayak but don't sell either in haste unless you have to, you might regret it later when your health improves, which we all hope it does.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Don't sell your campervan , i was in a wheelchair for 2 + yrs now out on cruches, use the wheelchair at times when real bad.
                          My point ios i had a new Motorhome some yrs ago and thought i could not use it any more so sold it, then 12 months later got better, boy do i regret it now, i will never get another that new again can't afford it.

Comment

The problem is that the drivers seat does not go back enough for me to work the pedals safely, although I can physically drive it. I am fortunate enough not to have money problems and I could buy a 30,000 pound unit tomorrow if I wanted to.I will buy another motorhome but I don't think it will be a 2 berth Romahome. My feet are so swollen and the warfarin is tiring me too much.

Comment

The problem is that the drivers seat does not go back enough for me to work the pedals safely, although I can physically drive it. I am fortunate enough not to have money problems and I could buy a 30,000 pound unit tomorrow if I wanted to.I will buy another motorhome but I don't think it will be a 2 berth Romahome. My feet are so swollen and the warfarin is tiring me too much.
                              Can i be cheeky and ask you are you thinking of selling your c15 , i have a caravan i am going to sell to get a romahome, but maybe yopur is newer than i can afford at mo, my email address is [email protected]
                              Last edited by tourroma; 21-11-2011, 21:32.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X