This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laugh a minute

Is it just me, or do people stare, point and laugh at other hylo Romahome owners (old design)? It's good to cheer up someone's day - it certainly cheers mine up, though I did wonder what was happening at first. I thought I'd suddenly got lots of new friends waving at me in distant places!

It IS a funny little thing - though all women, including me, think it's rather cute. I'm only sorry the design is discontinued, and the vehicles are getting, like this owner, older. The new design doesn't have the storage area over the cab and is HUGELY expensive. Mine's very economical to run, compared with my previous car.

just wait till you take it to france they love to point and take your picture ,and they stop and talk whenever you pull over ,c15's are everywhere but the dont see many as motorhomes ,so they are amazed at the sight of one :so happy:
    MOS

Comment

I have a Romini caravan towed behind a classic Mini and we get all sorts of reactions from pointing, laughing and big grins. I always acknowledge them and it makes my day.

Peter

Comment

We used to tow a Freedom Microlite caravan behind a Seat Terra van that had windows and seats in it. That used to get funny looks and comments.

Peter

Comment

They owners of the big white boxes with 4x4 tugs only ever get bad words when people get stuck behind one! the public like our SMALL motor caravans,the more unusual,(to them) the better.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Susy,
            You are not alone! My C15 Hylo attracts attention, not least outside my flat, I live in central Brighton on a busy road with plenty of people passing, walking to and from the beach.
            I hear so many comments if I've got the front sash windows open, mostly of appreciation and wonder There was a group of 4 young guys who'd enjoyed a few pints the other night coming past one saying 'it's ridiculous, I'd be ashamed driving that' the other three 'its top you t***er', I'd have it.... You've always been a ****, its brill, you've got no imagination' Almost caused a fight
            The amount of kids that want a look in too.... I have to say the C15 Hylo in particular does look quite funny, but as we all know they make a lot of sense on the road, on site and at the diesel pump! I think a lot of passers-by recognise that too! Why doesn't everyone want one?
            All the best
            Andyvan

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
              I have a Romini caravan towed behind a classic Mini and we get all sorts of reactions from pointing, laughing and big grins. I always acknowledge them and it makes my day.

Peter
              Fine on ordinary roads Pete. But do you find overtaking on motorways difficult?
              Often, I am unable to pull out to overtake and follow a vehicle which is already overtaking me because so often it SLOWS DOWN so the occupants can look at the Romini.
              Perhaps my tow car does not help either when they spot that!
              Either way I sometimes feel like waving - with my fist! Though I suppose it is my fault really. I even get folks leaning out of car windows taking photographs.
              Oh well.....
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X