This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

latest practical motorhome mag

The latest news from Island Plastics in the magazine says they are changing their production methods,ie they are now making them to order.In the past they built them for stock and had to store them until they were sold.The magazine did a NEC review and said first sighting ofthe van impressed them. This has got to be very good news for the company

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
    The latest news from Island Plastics in the magazine says they are changing their production methods,ie they are now making them to order.In the past they built them for stock and had to store them until they were sold.The magazine did a NEC review and said first sighting ofthe van impressed them. This has got to be very good news for the company
    That must be an old magazine, Island Plastics became Romahome Ltd., years ago.

Sorry couldn't resist that one, thanks for passing that information on.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

This is the obverse of "just in time" supply, and in my view, having done it, the practice is questionable.

If I were going into business again I would aim at delivery from stock, or at least from vessels under construction. In my view the customer should be able to see the actual article before he or she buys. A small deposit (berth reservation in marine terms) is legitimate.

Building to order gives the builder a MUCH healthier cash flow, but the practice can be abused.

Paul.
      Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

Recession reaction, does improve cash flow but reduces product availability to the customer.

I can't see the few dealers they have increasing their stockholding so it looks like the downhill spiral to oblivion.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X