As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical Snobbery

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Typical Snobbery

    http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopti...ce-please.html

    Ha-Ha can that lot get 50MPG!!!!

    Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 24-11-2011, 22:29.

    #2
    Originally posted by anchorman View Post
    http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopti...ce-please.html

    Ha-Ha can that lot get 50MPG!!!!

    Tony Anchorman
    I love my little R20! Even if I had the space to keep a motorhome, I'm sure it wouldn't be half as flexible for use, and would be strictly for official holidays only. The R20, on the other hand, is great for days out, longer journeys, mini holidays, longer holidays....What am I doing? You are ALREADY convinced!!
    Carpe diem! :)

    Comment


      #3
      Just wait until the price of fuel goes through the roof, see who is Motorhoming then.

      Tony Anchorman

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by anchorman View Post
        Just wait until the price of fuel goes through the roof, see who is Motorhoming then.:

        Tony Anchorman


        LOL I agree that is why we are changeing from a caravan to a romahome as soon as we can get rid of the caravan at right price lol.
        We have had large motorhomes in the past when fuel costs were lower.
        Our towcar is a citroen c4 vtr+ and the van is only a light 1 but only get 30mpg when towing, so 45 to 50 mpg will be a blessing.
        It wil be more cramped and no loo room lol but we have an old but in good condition utility tent that we can use, for longer stayes at ralliies or meets.
        I think the roma will be more cossy, we have a small electric oil heater for hook up pitches, so wil use the roma more than the caravan, as it will be beter in the wind lol.:so happy:

        Comment


          #5
          My caravan is very light and hardly uses any more petrol than the car does on it's own. Still, I would rarely if ever, tow it anywhere for a short trip, shorter than four days, and never go out for the day with it! LOL. Small MH's have the advantage there. I miss my little demountable for that.

          Comment


            #6
            Actually only the first post on the link is derogatory!

            All the others seem pretty complementary, even the one who decided against.
            Geoff

            Comment


              #7
              I read that thread too.

              The only people who rubbish Romahomes are those who have no experience of them.

              I am suprised how many people make pronouncements without knowledge. (I was going to use some rude words but I thought Graham would censor it ).

              If anyone on here is a member of Motorhomefacts perhaps they could reply on our behalf.

              Peter

              Comment


                #8
                Derek & I had a large motorhome and we found it a pain in the rear. Parking was a big problem and who hasnt followed "car park" signs to find a height barrier at the entry ! Storage is not a problem, just cut down on the amount of stuff which you dont really need and there is no problem. We love our Romahome and wouldnt change it for a larger one even if we could afford a brand spanking new one.There is enough space for two people ( and a cat) as long as you get on okay.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Actually the chap who makes the coment appears to have a McLouis. Compare the build quality of that with the widely acknowledged quality of Romahomes.

                  What percentage of those will still be on the road in 20 years time.

                  Peter

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                    (I was going to use some rude words but I thought Graham would censor it ).
                    Peter, I am shocked you even know any rude words.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                    Comment


                      #11
                      A couple of years ago I was trapped in a major traffic jam in Cromer.
                      The cause? A large domestic appliance, with a motor car following faithfully behind even without a driver, and all mod-cons. Looking for an impossibly large parking space and unable to negotiate the tight corners without causing delays to other traffic.
                      I believe the proper description for the appliance was a large motorhome. I'm not sure of the appropriate name for the owner/driver who seemed oblivious to the mayhem he caused.
                      Jim.
                      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by pendel View Post
                        Derek & I had a large motorhome and we found it a pain in the rear. Parking was a big problem and who hasnt followed "car park" signs to find a height barrier at the entry ! Storage is not a problem, just cut down on the amount of stuff which you dont really need and there is no problem. We love our Romahome and wouldnt change it for a larger one even if we could afford a brand spanking new one.There is enough space for two people ( and a cat) as long as you get on okay.
                        We had a Autocruse Pioneer 4 berth motorhome some yrs ago, went down to cornwall via summerset, we wanted to go see a few places on way down.
                        But when we got to carparks by wooky hole a woman carpark attendent blew a gasket waiveing us away.
                        She shouted no way are you comeing here. then 5 other places were we were to allowed to park and vew the things we wanted. So roll on the romahome next yr we will be able to go to all the places we were stoped going lol.:so happy:

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by tourroma View Post
                          We had a Autocruse Pioneer 4 berth motorhome some yrs ago, went down to cornwall via summerset, we wanted to go see a few places on way down.
                          But when we got to carparks by wooky hole a woman carpark attendent blew a gasket waiveing us away.
                          She shouted no way are you comeing here. then 5 other places were we were to allowed to park and vew the things we wanted. So roll on the romahome next yr we will be able to go to all the places we were stoped going lol.:so happy:
                          Sounds like you met the witch of wookey.
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I'm so pleased to read these comments. I have been wondering if I'd done the right thing, buying the romahome, rather than an ordinary car. I'm slightly concerned about breakdowns in such an old vehicle (1994); even with 89K on the clock, it's the rest of it I'm hoping will carry on. However, so far I've been delighted with it! Still haven't slept in it yet ... bit of trouble at t'mill atm ... but in the new year I have plans.

                            I must have been a (rather speedy) snail in a previous life - and even in this one, I've been a roaming boater.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by maid of soay View Post
                              I'm so pleased to read these comments. I have been wondering if I'd done the right thing, buying the romahome, rather than an ordinary car. I'm slightly concerned about breakdowns in such an old vehicle (1994); even with 89K on the clock, it's the rest of it I'm hoping will carry on. However, so far I've been delighted with it! Still haven't slept in it yet ... bit of trouble at t'mill atm ... but in the new year I have plans.

                              I must have been a (rather speedy) snail in a previous life - and even in this one, I've been a roaming boater.
                              Only 89K on the clock?! you got yourself a bargain, methinks. We drive all ours round the clock and them some.

                              Time to try it out on a nearby site, perhaps? Have fun.
                              Carpe diem! :)

                              Comment

                              320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                              Collapse

                              728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X