This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaking rear habitation door

Hi! I know it's fussy but that's me! I noticed every time I opened the rear habitation door (2008 Hylo Pullman) it squeaked like in a horror film. Oiling the hinges made no difference. I found that removing the lift up sink cured it. Presumably slight body movement causing the two plastic mouldings to rub but not enough to be visible to the eye. Putting 4 clear plastic self-stick ¼ inch diameter button stops, as used for doors on kitchen furniture, between the sink and cupboard top, cured it completely. The slight rise in height of the sink does not show. Graham and Carole

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
    Hi! I know it's fussy but that's me! I noticed every time I opened the rear habitation door (2008 Hylo Pullman) it squeaked like in a horror film. Oiling the hinges made no difference. I found that removing the lift up sink cured it. Presumably slight body movement causing the two plastic mouldings to rub but not enough to be visible to the eye. Putting 4 clear plastic self-stick ¼ inch diameter button stops, as used for doors on kitchen furniture, between the sink and cupboard top, cured it completely. The slight rise in height of the sink does not show. Graham and Carole
    You are not the only ones who are fussy. We have had the same problem on our 2011 R20 and believe it or not we did exactly the same thing as you to cure it. Works a treat! Peace and quiet - I can't stand rattles and squeaks.
    Moya :)

Comment

Yes, I agree squeaks and rattles can be really irritating...not to mention crashes when something insecure falls to the floor / out of the fridge. or whatever, when in transit.

one of the clasps closing the roof on our hylo squeaks and rattles like mad. i usually stuff some kitchen paper into it but this is not really satisfactory. suppose i ought to try tightening the screws or something. the table rattles a bit as well.

Not to mention my joints, brains, etc!
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

rattles in the rear

I have four potential rattle sites which I can usually cure in my R20.
        My Heki sometimes squeaks but is usually sorted by winding up the handle as far as it will go then locking it in place on a slight angle. Also make sure blinds are fixed properly.
        Window blinds sometimes rattle if they have not been dropped down evenly.
        Table will rattle if I loosen catch at the back to slide it backwards or forwards and then forget to secure it again so that it does not move while in transit.
        Lift up sink needs a little padding to stop any shifting while driving and undersink cupboard catch need the same treatment.
        Glass top over hob potential rattler therefore place small squares of rubber mesh bought in rolls under the feet - no rattles.
        Has anyone found any other hot rattle spots in their vans and more imortantly how did they cure them?
        I have to admit most of these fixes came from Ant!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzie View Post
          Has anyone found any other hot rattle spots in their vans and more imortantly how did they cure them?
          I have to admit most of these fixes came from Ant!
          --------------------------------------
          Bottles of wine rattle a lot as well

But not now that I wrap them up either in teatowels or that fleible anti-slip material that I bought.

Thanks for the tip re the table - will check to see I have secured it properly in place.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X