As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New R20 photos

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New R20 photos

I managed to cut short a trip to my daughter in Somerset and rushed back to catch Freeborn's open-day. Met a couple of forum members there (I do wish I was better remembering names) and had a pleasant hour.

I managed to get round to taking a few details pictures of the new R20 and have posted them, along with comment on my ad hoc photo website -
    http://g0ukb.ham-radio-op.net/galler...ex.php/New-R20

Just click on a picture to see it with comment and there is also an option to browse through the album.

I'm not sure if you can leave comments, and if you can whether I need to moderate before they show but certainly if anyone writes anything uncivilised or negative against Romahome or Freeborn then I will close the site as soon as spotted. I don't have time to sort out all the security access stuff for this album but know I can trust this group.

Hope you find the pics interesting.
    Last edited by BrianTheSnail; 05-12-2011, 21:15. Reason: adding a couple of more lines

Really detailed pictures and great descriptions, thanks Brian.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Brian for taking the time and effort to post everything in so much detail. I'd love one but it's way out of my league.
      My only comment is that there is to much white fibre glass on show in the interior, but that is only my personal choice.
      The layout is great and the styling is up to the usual Romahome quality. I hope they make plenty of sales as the brand is improving every year.

Peter

Comment

I Like it a lot, your photos and description are first class, do you know how many plug points there are ?

Nightowl

Comment

Yes a very good set of photos' Brian and description too. I saw the van at Guildford the W/E before, I think Andrew said then they were thinking of removing the two 'under cupboard' drawers... it would give a bit more elbow room when cooking and using sink. I believe the seats on the nearside stick out more (than the O/S ones) and theres an odd shelf/armrest arrangement purely due to the vehicles diesel filler caps position.
          Steve I think I only saw one mains socket fitted, that was visible from the open back door fairly low down on the left.
          All in all a very good van I think, bigger worktop space, more spacious, more flexible seating and sleeker looking inside and out.
          All the best
          Andyvan

Comment

Night Owl - there appears to be one 240v socket and one 12v socket as standard (although I'm sure Romahome would add more if requested/paid).

Picture 9 - Inside layout shows the 240v on the galley left and you can just make out the small black circle of the 12v on the other side at the front edge of the cooker base, although it is shown clearer in Pic 8 or Pic 21. Sorry for the odd angle of Pic 21.

Andyvan is right in saying the left hand side seating is wider than the right (all my left/rights are based on looking into the van from the entrance door at the back).

Another minor point I didn't comment on was that (If I remember correctly) fitting around that odd armrest/shelf means a couple of smaller odd shaped cushions so there are a few more cushions involved in making the bed. Possibly a bit more of a jigsaw but with the fold-down flaps it should still be much easier than the current R20.

In retrospect one thing I would like to have seen is the front upright cushions when in the Pullman orientation. One thing I don't like about the current R20 is the strap and buckle arrangement for the upright Pullman cushion. In the current model this is worse because it becomes the seat back for any rear facing traveller in the back. Another good thing about the new model is the 2 forward-facing seats in the back.

It's quite impressive that they've managed to keep the 'same only different' approach, unmistakeably Romahome yet the bright white GRP, and much greater feeling of space give it a different, more luxurious feel than the existing model.

Comment

thank you

a big thank u from tom denise north north yorks as we are not geting on to see up how way to see we are looking at all photos others send ose as we hope to pick hows up on 1 april at southampton . did you no the beds can be made up to 8 foot long put cab seats down . the drawers undereath are to go they are puting grill in one side seat belts are exat as plugs roof light . Go thing no big step over in to back. T one on show is the one at n.e.c ONE thing we would like for any one see it to let ose no ware spare battery water tank are like to see them under the back front seats .thare is one long box at the back of front seats THANKS TOM DENISE (diggdeep) soorey a bout spelling

Comment

plugs

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                I Like it a lot, your photos and description are first class, do you know how many plug points there are ?

Nightowl
                one of each pice to have more is 12v socket £80.00 240 v socket£85.00

Comment

water tank and spare battery in new R20

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                  a big thank u from tom denise north north yorks as we are not geting on to see up how way to see we are looking at all photos others send ose as we hope to pick hows up on 1 april at southampton . did you no the beds can be made up to 8 foot long put cab seats down . the drawers undereath are to go they are puting grill in one side seat belts are exat as plugs roof light . Go thing no big step over in to back. T one on show is the one at n.e.c ONE thing we would like for any one see it to let ose no ware spare battery water tank are like to see them under the back front seats .thare is one long box at the back of front seats THANKS TOM DENISE (diggdeep) soorey a bout spelling
                  The leisure battery is in the RH base unit next to the fridge and the water tank is in the base unit behind the drivers seat,it is more upright with a smaller filler cap than our present R20.Have you noticed that the fuel filler cap is on the passenger side now?

Comment

number plate

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                    one of each pice to have more is 12v socket £80.00 240 v socket£85.00
                    have you noticed also the number plate is now on the left so will be covered when the door is open very french so if you do a bank raid tom leave door open when you escape

Comment

lovelly,photos you have put in a lot of work putting them on the forum
                      it was us talking to you at freeborn ,BOB/ANN
                      We found Neville to be very helpful,something you dont find at many motor home dealers,no hard sell,lots of useful information

Comment

Lovely photos - even had us considering a change!
                        Mary

Comment

Was not sure what I felt about the new R20 at all but with a bit of refinement it could be a lovely vehicle. Bit concerned about the pelmets not being so deep I actually find the pelmets in my R20 one of the most useful parts of the vehicle.

Gas supply.... sigh.................. I find the one cylinder thing difficult.

Bed arrangement would be interested to see that..... but do like my loo arrangement.

Comment

We will probably never to able to afford one, so its academic really! The loo needs to be moved that's for sure!
                            Mary

Comment

New r20

A reply on to things the loo can now go under the sink (2) the pelmets are going to be deeper on all new ones(3) that model was the one at n.e.c just do it rounds to get coments back to them as i have been on phone to them as we are hopeing to pick hows up 1 april at southampton tom denise

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X