This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapskates Romahome

Hi has any other Dimension owner had the trim on the rear & side doors shrinking or is mine a Friday job, it looks as if the sheet of material was cut about 1" too small all the way round, I've been told one way of sorting it by using a adhesive & a warm iron too stretch it but I'm a bit reluctant to use "Evostick" type adhesives in doors. Mines a 05 model.
    Pete

Originally posted by peteadams67 View Post
    Hi has any other Dimension owner had the trim on the rear & side doors shrinking or is mine a Friday job, it looks as if the sheet of material was cut about 1" too small all the way round, I've been told one way of sorting it by using a adhesive & a warm iron too stretch it but I'm a bit reluctant to use "Evostick" type adhesives in doors. Mines a 05 model.
    Pete
    Hi Pete

Ours must have been a Friday job too because ours is just the same, we haven't got round to sorting it yet so can't advise. Ours is an 05 model too.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by peteadams67 View Post
      Pete
      If you are talking about the black plastic filler strip inside the aluminium extrusion, don't blame Romahome.
      It is used extensively on many types of vehicles, caravans and boats. AND IT ALWAYS SHRINKS over time. And so do many rubber/plastic extrusions.
      The only way to deal with it is to replace it completely or insert short pieces into the gaps.

New insert is readily available from Coacbuilders etc., but below is a link where it may be purchased.

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMSrenderPage.asp

Always cut to the maximum length you can get in to allow for shrinkage, but expect to renew it again in a few years if you are finicky!

Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 07-12-2011, 12:16.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Cheap skate Romahome

No its the sheet Vynal or other type of material on the doors I don't think it's done by Citroen's
        Pete

Comment

I have found an adhesive that seems to work well on nearly everything !

Its available at the build centre (and probably at all builder suppliers)
          Its called Stick's like Sh!t (yes...that its name, with the ! instead of an i) and it does what it says on the tube.

It comes in a mastic type type and you need an applicator gun to apply it.
          I've used it for loads of jobs and its good stuff although not cheep at around £8

Comment

Is this then more the sort of thing meant?

http://www.vehiclevinyls.co.uk/index2.php?page=gallery

Jim.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
              I have found an adhesive that seems to work well on nearly everything !

Its available at the build centre (and probably at all builder suppliers)
              Its called Stick's like Sh!t (yes...that its name, with the ! instead of an i) and it does what it says on the tube.

It comes in a mastic type type and you need an applicator gun to apply it.
              I've used it for loads of jobs and its good stuff although not cheep at around £8
              I'd heard of this, but not tried it, so just adding another supplier you can use. Screwfix have it, and they deliver from on-line very quickly. they also have a lot of branches/shops now

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X