This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winter storage

Last winter I stored my Dimension in a light industrial warehouse in Kent as I live in South London.

This year I am considering leaving the van on my drive-is this a good idea?

Ian

Hi ian

We leave our Dimension on the drive over winter and then if we get a mild weekend and we fancy getting away then we can go at a moments notice.

Just make sure you have prepared the van for winter I have put a few tips on our website here http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/preparin...forwinter.html
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

winter storage

Thanks Graham

The website link is very helpful-done most things except the water heater as I am not sure how to drain it-I think I need to take a look underneath the back of the van.

Ian

Comment

Ours is a 2005 Dimension open the back doors and the drain tap is on the left hand side just above the bumper. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll take a picture.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

winter storage

Thanks again Graham

Mine is a 2005 as well, but without the swirl on the side. (Ant had not seen one before).

Might be trading mine in next year for one with air con-Spain was very hot even in September.

Will let you kinow if I can find the drain trap

Best wishes for Christmas and happy campervanning for 2012.

Ian

Comment

When laying up how often and for how long do you good folks run the engines up.

Geoff.

Comment

This is the advice that Ant gave me and I put it on the web page:

Running the engine until the fans cut in is ideal but can take forever on a very cold day. A 10 mile drive will both charge batteries and remove any water from the oil.
              Graham

Comment

Thanks Graham. Ours had had very little use over the last few months and I am getting somewhat paranoid about the potential damage that prolonged inactivity may cause. Have nightmares about cam belts and such other things (sad or what) even thinking of selling due to lack of use.

Geoff.

Comment

Why are you laying up your motor van we use our R25 all year round even when we had our Swift Sundance we went out in the New Forest for the day with the heater on and having the toilet it is more comfortable then a car .Also we can go to sethorns in the new forest which is open all year.Lovely when the frost is on the ground

BRIAN

Comment

We use our Outlook all year, sometimes just for days out other times for overnight stays. We did drain the water last year but couldnt drain the hot water tank. It appears not to have come to any harm.

Peter

Comment

The lack of use is mainly down to having a retriever who is starting to experience some health problems. Also during bad weather the "mother in law" would look after her but this also became impossible earlier this year. Bottom line, Dry sunny day + retriever, good. Wet dank day + soggy retriever, bad.

Geoff.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X