As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romahome Cafe

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome Cafe

Me and our Romahome had a few hours out at the allotments today, where I provided freshly brewed tea and home made cake to the sturdy lot who were there braving the weather, having a clean up. Our little gas cooker has never worked so hard!! Needless to say, I didn't make the cake in the van!

Ah, but it seems you could have, with a skillet, had you felt so inclined. Personally I'm a great believer in the 'here's one I prepared before' approach, hastily removing the packaging.

I trust you served refreshments through the hatch?
    Last edited by NomadSue; 10-12-2011, 16:49. Reason: Extra comment
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

twin1

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
      Ah, but it seems you could have, with a skillet, had you felt so inclined. Personally I'm a great believer in the 'here's one I prepared before' approach, hastily removing the packaging.

I trust you served refreshments through the hatch?
      What a lovely day you had. I cannot make cakes in an oven never mind a skillet. I was very envious when I saw the photograph of Tent peg making an upside down pineapple cake in a skillet.

A few years ago we served tea to some tree protesters at the side of the Thames near Windsor. I must say they were a great crowd and we had a good natter to them all. We had gone for a run out and came across them by chance.
      Happy memories.

Comment

Originally posted by twin1 View Post
        What a lovely day you had. I cannot make cakes in an oven never mind a skillet. I was very envious when I saw the photograph of Tent peg making an upside down pineapple cake in a skillet.

A few years ago we served tea to some tree protesters at the side of the Thames near Windsor. I must say they were a great crowd and we had a good natter to them all. We had gone for a run out and came across them by chance.
        Happy memories.
        I was one of the lucky folk who got a piece of tentpegs cake,I could not believe my eyes,she was so quick and it was so good.It made a deep impression.On a good day I can open a bag of crisps,I admire that kind of talent.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I can make an omlette!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            I can make an omlette!
            I managed to dupe my OH into thinking that I couldn't make an omlette for ten years...but he finally caught me out! The reason was that it was the one thing he COULD make!

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
              I managed to dupe my OH into thinking that I couldn't make an omlette for ten years...but he finally caught me out! The reason was that it was the one thing he COULD make!
              My first OH must have thought my omelettes were so bad, he bought me a little book 'How to make an omelette' !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                Me and our Romahome had a few hours out at the allotments today, where I provided freshly brewed tea and home made cake to the sturdy lot who were there braving the weather, having a clean up. Our little gas cooker has never worked so hard!! Needless to say, I didn't make the cake in the van!

Cake? Did someone mention cake? Why wasn't I informed of this?
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                  If you are a very good boy,tentpeg might make another at the spring meet.
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    I wondered how long it would take!!

Comment

twin1

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                      I wondered how long it would take!!

I was mortified when a few years ago my dog turned down a piece of my home made cake and my husband called it a frizbee.
                      I never ever made another .

Comment

Originally posted by twin1 View Post
                        I was mortified when a few years ago my dog turned down a piece of my home made cake and my husband called it a frizbee.
                        I never ever made another .
                        Oh dear...or perhaps this really proves how clever you are - if you don't want to be given a job regularly, just do it really badly the first time!

Reminds me of the time when visiting my very scary in-laws - was asked to help in the garden. So I busily pulled up a lot of what I thought were weeds, then to be chided (yet again) this time because father-in-law had only planted them the day before. He didn't ask me to help in the garden again.

Comment

Romahome cafe

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                          I can make an omlette!
                          I had a bit of a baking frenzy yesterday. I made a couple of bacon and egg pies. Smell from the kitchen was lovely. But they're now in the freezer for xmas. Now don't get the idea I'm a regular baker. Bu once a year I pluck up he courage o go and buy some jus rol and I'm away. I've just got to do a corned beef and onion pie and I'm done.:so happy: Pam

Comment

Ah bacon and egg pie, my grannie used to make it. It is a North East thing (including North Yorks). the rest of the world dont know about it.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                              Ah bacon and egg pie, my grannie used to make it. It is a North East thing (including North Yorks). the rest of the world dont know about it.

Peter
                              Hold on. I used to have it as a kid in sunny North London
                              Colin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X