This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the nearest romahome to you

if you take our r20 as center point of romaland we had 3 others within 1mile radius one more and it would be a nest. The north first a 2002 duo with the owners having main holidays in the outer hebrides wild camping but dont think many week ends away.We always saw this one when we visited Jenny the Quad but sadly we now see an Eldiss parked so one down .The next one west of us a local vicar has a2005 hi top when he bought his first did a u turn almost like the Fonze in Happy Days and chased usb into a supermarket car park to pick our brains about camper van tips ideas and suggestions We brought Duvalays in to conversation about ten minutes later . he asked me and shirley if we liked ours yes we LLLLLLLLLove it wonderful little camper. When we see him coming i say its the Rev R20 . his has the big flash up the side. The one east of us we only see parked in a yard as we cycle past in summer as lorries used this untill 1980s its a c15 hi top and i think they garage it winter time.we sometimes have a cup of tea in the supermarket and can clearly see ours outside and so often people peer into the windows and back doors oh look a fridge a sink we want to shout yes a home from home go and throw your savings at one

romahomes

we live north yorks we get people asking to have a look round only wish we hade a tener for the times we have the wife gets a bit feed up we can not get a cup tea some time try to get some stoff of roomahome to hand out to them as we do not have a dealer up north i am going to southampton for how new R20 denise tom

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
      we live north yorks we get people asking to have a look round only wish we hade a tener for the times we have the wife gets a bit feed up we can not get a cup tea some time try to get some stoff of roomahome to hand out to them as we do not have a dealer up north i am going to southampton for how new R20 denise tom
      Tom.......... Cleveland Motorhomes at Teeside Airport not very far from you are Romahome Dealers

http://www.clevelandmotorhomes.co.uk/

as is Richard Baldwin in Halifax

http://rbm.co.uk/

Alf

Comment

romahome

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
        Tom.......... Cleveland Motorhomes at Teeside Airport not very far from you are Romahome Dealers

http://www.clevelandmotorhomes.co.uk/

as is Richard Baldwin in Halifax

http://rbm.co.uk/

Alf
        clevelandmotorhome do not deal with romahome any more as for baldwins they sell u one then no after sales service from them tom

Comment

Baldwins as with most dealer it is who you deal with.

When we bought ours we dealt with Paul, absolutely brilliant but when we went to collect it he was off ill and the person we dealt with was not very good.

We had a couple of minor niggles like the water cap jamming and the service department were brilliant and solved our problems without us having to return (we live in Lancashire).

When Paul returned to work he rang to ask if everything was OK and when we said about the handover we had profuse apologies, he told us that the person who did the handover had left.

I have spoken to Richard Baldwin a couple of times at shows and he is very interested in any feedback, both positive and negative.

Our treatment was much better than my friends got at either Discover or the Hymer centre and they were spending a lot more than me.

I haven't been back to Baldwins for any servicing as our local Citroen dealer is very good and I get a bit of preferential treatment because I taught their children some of whom work there, one actually asks to service it when it has been there.

Peter

Comment

Fylde Romahomes

I think there are about 3 somewhere in the Fylde area - which probably means I'm wrong!
            One at least visits the beach near St Annes. Could be a dog walker! At least another must have been in the post office in Blackpool when I was posting a parcel. When I came out it was gorn... probably in the same queue as me. How do you spot a Romehome wearer - out of uniform that is! There is another that is cruising around locally - all about the same age I guess, and all extremely evasive!

Comment

To be truthful, I have no idea. But I'd be very interested to know! I do know there are forum members within, say, 30 miles, which is nice to know.
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

The nearesr romahome to me is an R25 and is about 50yards away in the same road. It belongs to 2 dear friends. I am buying their old talbot express from them. Much as I think the roma homes are a really good motor home the smaller ones wouldn't be big enough to accomodate me and Bracken. I wouldn't say 'no' to an R30 or 40 though, if I won the lottery!!

Di.

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                  Tom if you are willing to travel so far why not give Ant at Avon motor Caravans a try for your new van
                  Alf

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
                    To be truthful, I have no idea. But I'd be very interested to know! I do know there are forum members within, say, 30 miles, which is nice to know.
                    We are at Ashton under Lyne, which might be within your 30 mile area

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS TWO ALL

We live in Southampton so Freebourns is about 15 mins drive away

BRIAN

Comment

OK so where is my nearest romahome?

Pls tell me.

I am on Isle of Skye - miles away from anyone and any dealer but am a newbie -- mechanically I am more than happy with a local person but what about habitation checks? no near places to do these will be pleased to hear from anyone who recommends good places in Southport/preston/chorley areas as I will be going there 3-4 times per yr to visit family ( and wil wave to the Fylde as I pass)

Comment

Until recently, there were two others living within a mile radius. I kept a close eye on them incase either were ever offered for sale....

Comment

Tom if your priority is aftersales service would deffo put Avon motorhomes on the list to consider.

Ant is much more low key than a standard dealer and he relies on repeat custom and building relationships over years. His key selling point is excellent service, it really is unique is this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
                              We are at Ashton under Lyne, which might be within your 30 mile area
                              Yes, you are. We went to your neck of the woods a few weeks ago to have the 'fly a jet ' experience. Great fun - a groupon offer.

Perhaps you are the nearest?
                              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X