As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 questions have you ever

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 questions have you ever

friday afternoon we went to Brighton in our R20 its a long journey for us arriving after 5pm at ccsite got allocated a pitch at far end of site backing on to woods not keen at all.Next morning shirley puts toaster on bangs trip out in van and ccpost so behind us over an un used road for 4vans in our block grass pitches also not used i took our hook up lead and plugged in again under cheeky minty rule and no tools needed also just to do toast porridgeand tea .Has any one else ever done this and how many rules does it break but we did enjoy our breakfast .to continue if i may we later went to see warden about it and noticed empty spaces two nice spots in fully booked site and very nice warden Brightons best let us move pitch to best one .Has any one moved pitch before we dont think we have not in the last 5 yrs .After a wonderful sea front walk to Rottingdean under towering white cliffs and walk round amazing brighton just over 10 miles later almost on our knees(no misprint i mean still walking briskly)me and Shirley lovewent into asda at the Marina and bought a toaster for £4 49p year guarantee .Has any one bought one at this price before.Our last van toaster we bought at Sainsburys Newquay 3 yrs ago.As an ex sparkie ithink it could last 4years or 4 weeks even 4day or perhaps 14 pieces of toast then bang blown trip again and back to question one.Everything was open at Brighton a really brilliant place to be over new year site 10 min walk from seafront marina .sorry to go on a bit is it cuzzz ize old ....Mark

Happy New Year to you. In answer to the pitch question, we very often ask to move pitch. Could be because it overlooks the loo, or too near the play area or just that there is a betteer one somewhere else. If it is no problem we ask, if it is a full site or a rally or the like then we just stay put.

Usually though the wardens have an idea of where to put you because of ground conditions etc. so it may be that another pitch looks better but it may be waterlogged or one they are leaving fallow so to speak. But it does not hurt to ask, so we use our judgement, particularly if we are staying a longish time.

Most times though we are not staying in a campsite just a farmer's field and we can pitch anywhere and move at will. Not so easy with a caravan though.

Comment

We've often been to Brighton it's a lovely site but every time we go it is supposedly fully booked but walking round there are spaces. I assume people book and because they don't have to leave a deposit if they don't turn up they haven't lost out.

Once when we went the chap in front of me wanted a pitch but hadn't booked and he was told that they were fully booked so no spaces available, later on walking round there were quite a few unused spaces and they remained so next morning. It's not the wardens fault as they don't know if and when people who have booked will turn up, I blame the system that allows people to book with no deposit.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

That's why I won't join the CC! (apart from the fact that the site fees are v. expensive and the membership fee the same) It seems everybody in the CC club in the UK is busy booking every available site in January they 'might' like to go to, without paying a deposit, then they just don't show up. The sites are always fully booked online and you always have to phone and see if they have a space... what's the point of having on online booking system when it so obviously doesn't work? The C&CC one is much better for its deposit charge.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          That's why I won't join the CC! (apart from the fact that the site fees are v. expensive and the membership fee the same) It seems everybody in the CC club in the UK is busy booking every available site in January they 'might' like to go to, without paying a deposit, then they just don't show up. The sites are always fully booked online and you always have to phone and see if they have a space... what's the point of having on online booking system when it so obviously doesn't work? The C&CC one is much better for its deposit charge.
          Taking bookings without a deposit leaves the door wide open for this abuse of the system, why do they do it ?

derek b and Babs
          derek b and Babs

Comment

The cc do add the following to the email confirmation when booking.

'The minimum notice required for any pitch cancellation is 72 hours. Members who cancel inside this, or fail to turn up at a booked pitch, three times, between 01 January -31 December will be contacted and may forfeit their ability to book for 14 days. Forward bookings will also be cancelled. '

I haven't tried it to see if it is any empty threat but as the c&cc refund the deposit if a pitch is cancelled more than 7 days in advanced, it doesn't seem there is that much difference between them? I don't understand why a refundable deposit acts as such a deterrent, but I agree it does!! We have booked virtually every holiday via the online system without any problem, the cc website seems much more user friendly to me than the c&cc site too. We are members of both, and use both clubs, although it does seem we se the cc more.

Going back to the original thread, No we have never blown a site fuse and had to use a empty hook up, although some friends we were with had to last year whilst away with us, yes we have moved pitches during a holiday and no our toaster was more than £5 I think!!
            Last edited by glenw; 03-01-2012, 21:58.
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

My toaster was only a few pounds! But its not an electric one, it's one of these!
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-CUT11...N%3DB000QH2V40

Did you have a few other things plugged into the electric as well, and switched them all on at the same time?
              Last edited by jayjay; 04-01-2012, 08:23.

Comment

no overload j j

hello j j no we cant do that anyway as our romahome has a 10amp fuse fitted and c c sites have 16 amp in hook up post so ours would pop out first but we never over do the load no the toaster did go bang the funny thing though was i told some work mates (im part time mornings only)and they said how many at that price did you buy as if should of got some for family and friends or set up a market stall .WE were toasting pumpernickel bread 2 loaves for the price of the asda toaster ho ho honest ...........Mark

Comment

Our toaster was a wedding gift in 1973.

In 1989 the element went out and I was able to order one and replace it.

It works great, and I wouldn't part with it.

They just don't make them like they used to.

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    Putting toasters aside for a mo, am glad you enjoyed Brighton. Theres plenty to see, do and buy down here.
                    We went and did the undercliff walk to Rottingdean yesterday (did you visit the Kipling garden and museum in Rottingdean? both are ace) you get some good skyscapes and sunsets this time of year, took this with my phones camera, so its an approximation only!

All the best
                    Andyvan
                    Attached Files

Comment

We stayed on the Brighton site for a few days in August. Just caught the tail end of the Gay Pride celebrations. We didn't get to Rottingdean because there was just too much else to do.

We LOVED the buses, so frequent and they go everywhere and seem to run all night. Our free bus passes make them even better!

We went to Brighton, Worthing and Hove. Spent half a day on the beach, and half a day at the Pavilion - our first visit and we thought it was great. Being August we expected it to be packed, but it was quiet and we even managed lunch on the cafe balcony.

Two visits to the Marina cinema (something sadly lacking here in Leek), and plenty of shopping and culinary treats!
                      Last edited by Vanderella; 15-01-2012, 18:36.
                      Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                        Two visits to the Marina cinema (something sadly lacking here in Leek), and plenty of shopping and culinary treats!
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        I hope Graham doesn't see the picture of you eating cake!
                        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          I hope Graham doesn't see the picture of you eating cake!
                          BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP my cakeometer is going off again.
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                            My toaster was only a few pounds! But its not an electric one, it's one of these!
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-CUT11...N%3DB000QH2V40

Did you have a few other things plugged into the electric as well, and switched them all on at the same time?
                            Just got one of these myself and it does a great job! Its like the toast you used to make with a toasting-fork in front of the fire - for those of you who are old enough to remember that. Crispy on the outside with a nice soft centre (come to think of it, that describes me too! ) The bread doesn't dry out as it does with an electric toaster.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X