This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

central locking

Hi. I wonder if anyone has had a problem with their Romahome central locking?.If the doors are unlocked, and I press the remote, the indicators flash and the red light flashes on the dashboard, but the doors don't lock.The same thing happens if the doors are locked. Also if the doors are unlocked, when I turn the key in the drivers door it only locks that and not the passenger door. Not the end of the world but any help would be much appreciated .
    Regards, Colin.

Originally posted by colin View Post
    Hi. I wonder if anyone has had a problem with their Romahome central locking?.If the doors are unlocked, and I press the remote, the indicators flash and the red light flashes on the dashboard, but the doors don't lock.The same thing happens if the doors are locked. Also if the doors are unlocked, when I turn the key in the drivers door it only locks that and not the passenger door. Not the end of the world but any help would be much appreciated .
    Regards, Colin.

Not on a romahome, but similar happened on my old car. I then realised the electric mirrors on the drivers side didn't work either. It turned out that the motor that controlled the central locking had failed, the same motor powered the mirrors. Maybe something to look into, until Ant comes along and tells you the real solution!!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

I seem to have a similar intermittent problem with my 02 Reg Duo Plus. With the key in the drivers door, it mostly only locks the drivers door. With the key in the passenger door, it locks both doors. With the remote it locks both. I'm baffled as sometimes everything works OK. With the key in the drivers door it unlocks both!! Ann

Comment

It might be the 20A fuse in the BSI fuse box, if not a trip to a Citroen agent to be plugged into a diagnostic machine. That's what Haynes sez anyway
        Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

thanks

Hi. Thank for the advice, it wasn't the fuse so a trip to the local Citroen dealer looks to be on the cards.

Regards, Colin.

Comment

central locking

Hi Colin,
            I had a similar problem with my dimension. I clicked the remote but it would not lock the vehicle. I eventually traced the problem to the side door not being completly closed. When I slammed the door it actuated the switch and solved the problem.
            Regards
            Eugene.

Comment

Hi Colin.
              Strange things happen to electrical bits and it seems to be this time of year that most of them happen. It's probably a fault in the drivers door that controls the system, or if you've got the doors out of sync' buy unlocking by key then locking by remote. Try sitting in the cab, locking the doors by hand by pushing the tab down on the doors, then unlocking by remote or the button on the dash, if one or other works then the bits in the door are ok if not you need them looking at.
              Ant

Comment

Thanks

Hi. Thanks again for the advice. It's not a problem with the door not being closed properly, and I tried your suggestion of sitting in the cab with the doors locked, but still not working. As you say it's probably a problem with the door mechanism.
                Regards, Colin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X