This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romahome dazzling

i never noticed a problem in our c15 but the Berlingo with the very high windscreen caused real dazzling in sunlight.Im not keen on driving in sun glassesso have to have a coloured cling on inside the screen and fashion in cars you cant get green any more dont know why.i also for overkill have drop down perspex(old word)visor on both sides a help at night for main beam drivers(ive met a few)the new R20 has even higher windscreen and less overcab so the sun may well shine and reflect brilliantly .the Americans in the war always had a drab olive paint square in front wind screens onnoses of most aircraft to stop glare ......no not going to do that,my dad had a big metal visor on a 1951 Standard Vanguard...no not going to do that either..............i think i will just squint .............does any one else get trouble with bright light driving glare?.......Mark

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
    i never noticed a problem in our c15 but the Berlingo with the very high windscreen caused real dazzling in sunlight.Im not keen on driving in sun glassesso have to have a coloured cling on inside the screen and fashion in cars you cant get green any more dont know why.i also for overkill have drop down perspex(old word)visor on both sides a help at night for main beam drivers(ive met a few)the new R20 has even higher windscreen and less overcab so the sun may well shine and reflect brilliantly .the Americans in the war always had a drab olive paint square in front wind screens onnoses of most aircraft to stop glare ......no not going to do that,my dad had a big metal visor on a 1951 Standard Vanguard...no not going to do that either..............i think i will just squint .............does any one else get trouble with bright light driving glare?.......Mark
    For some time before I got my present specs which darken in strong light,I drove using yellow clip on lenses,these cut glare and enhance reds so you see stop lights nicely.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Seemed to be the slope on the windscreen which had me dazzled by headlights - even dipped ones, especially with my last car, which was quite low to the road. I got a pair of over glasses similar to those Ian described, which helped a lot. Strangely in my present car, I don't get this problem. It's a bit higher up and the windscreen is on a lightly different angle. I'm quite short in the body too, so at night I have to sit up straight and use a cushion, which gets the glare out of my eyes.

The sunlight at this time of the year is very low. Most ppl have trouble with the glare from sunshine dazzle because of this.
      Last edited by jayjay; 18-01-2012, 08:58.

Comment

I usually don't have a problem with the dazzling sunshine because I wear a baseball / golf hat when driving . It also helps being 6ft 2 .
        The only time I have problems is when the sunshines strong staight after rain and it bounces back off the tarmac.
        Usually find people who drive with headlights on main beam soon drop them if you put yours up. They then appreciate what its like being dazzled.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X