X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R25 3rd cab seat

Hi,
    does anyone know if a 3rd cab seat is available for the R25.
    I was browsing the swedish dealers site and was impressed with the R25 with 3rd seat. Handy for child and makes the full size bed into cab.
    Attached Files

R20 new

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
    Hi,
    does anyone know if a 3rd cab seat is available for the R25.
    I was browsing the swedish dealers site and was impressed with the R25 with 3rd seat. Handy for child and makes the full size bed into cab.
    is not the new R20 on same chasie as the R25 ?

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
      is not the new R20 on same chasie as the R25 ?
      I'm sure it is the same new berlingo chassis cab. That is available with 3 front seats, so surely both the New R20 and R25 should be available with 3 front seats.
      If it's possible for a dealer in Sweden why not here?
      Some people would find a extra seat in the front very useful. It makes the extended bed in the cab a full width aswell.
      If you need access to cab just don't by the extra seat.
      Back makes extra table when down and storage underneath.

Comment

HI

The centre seat would be useful. One of our grandchildren could sit in the front . I noticed its on a Citrogen/Peogeot base vehicle it would be worth getting it fitted if it did not cost too much
        http://www.mpcampers.com/danish/index.html

BRIAN
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mr T; 22-01-2012, 15:11. Reason: can,t spell

Comment

The three front seats do not appear to be available as a UK factory option on the chassis cab we use as our base vehicle. Many of the vehicles supplied by our Swedish dealer are standard vans which obviously do have the three seat option at a cost plus we then charge an extra sum to cut the van backs off.
          The beds make up into the van front on both two and three seat versions though the third seat does make access to the rear very difficult.
          Both the R25 and New R20 have two forward facing rear seats so carrying four people is straightforward but we will nevertheless investigate the matter further with Citroen.

Comment

HI
            Thanks Andrew. We pick up 3 grandchildren from school there's not many motor vans with 2 front facing seats,so a third front seat would be handy
            BRIAN

Comment

do you ever get the feeling you are about to butttttt into someone else,s conversation i feel like that now!However i must add a few thoughts on this about three seats in the front .As a sparkie i drove a Ford Transit then an LDV Convoy both for many years and they were 3 seats up front and beleive me the middle part only any good for a lunch box and latest good book. We had to group up for some jobs and any one any size sat in the middle was frankly right in the way as changing gear you would elbow them like a Notts County centre half (oh sorry Graham)any chap 14 st or near and it was almost impossible to concentrate on gear changes trying not to clout them . The gear stick on the new R20 is sporty and stubby so i for one are am very surprised a centre seat is on offer even if like me you have long arms .The firm i worked for in the end barred using the 3rd seat after complaints from the drivers and the middle men counting their bruises in public without a football in sight... if this was a letter i would put P S we often used to clatter feet as well........................Mark

Comment

As a Landrover driver and passenger for many years I can only agree that the middle seat is almost useless and should only be used by someone that you are on very very friendly terms with as your gear changing hand can end up in some very funny places (Landrover kept changing the length and shape of the gear leaver because of complaints). The military were supposed to have done away with it in all their Landrovers. The other problem was crushed toes because the passengers foot always seemed to migrate to under the clutch pedal which had very sharp edges underneath.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
                  any one any size sat in the middle was frankly right in the way as changing gear you would elbow them like a Notts County centre half (oh sorry Graham)
                  Cheeky.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I do agree that the center seat is not wide enough for a large adult. There are lots of smaller people out there (me not included) that would fit. Perhaps some older children etc. Both Citroen and Peugeot have designed the seats for commercial use. Presumably they have gone through the relevant safety checks etc. I just think it would be nice to have the option. It won't suit all. I like how it helps make a full width bed in the pictures from Sweden. It also makes a table when folded down between driver and passenger and has storage underneath.
                    We had a Mark 1 Transit and used it as family transport with the 3 seats in front and numerous Series Landrovers. We had no major problems the driver just has to be considerate and remember there is someone close. Some drivers elbowand bash their passengers about whatever space is in between them.
                    Last edited by peterfowden; 25-01-2012, 20:53.

Comment

Three seats in the front work much better with column change or dashboard mounted gearstick and if there is no centre consol its much better.I've driven several over the last 45 years but usually bigger than a Berlingo which as already been said would be a bit cramped for three adults, does any manufacturer make a column change now?
                      Joe
                      If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

my Dad once had a 1949 landrover but it had no second gear quite amusing to drive i often borrowed it and brought a smile to Shirley loves face when she was 17 as i would rev like hell in 1st then crash into 3rd and leap forward.The car he bought in 1960 was a Ford Zephyr(cant spell or can i ?)it had a bench seat and colum gear change but he rarely drove with more than 2 in front and us 3 boys in the back ,my eldest brother used to feign car sickness so he could swop seats with my mum(it was so obvious) i cant remember any others with colum change after that .The volkswagen splitwindow caravette 1960 we had in 74 also had a bench seat but had a very tall gearstick but even then we always had our 3 boys in the back as no seat belts in the front .....i suppose we could of though as i always drive with my elbows down....like a mother hen.I think Jowett Javelins had colum gears...ummmm just musing...........Mark

Comment

I vaguely remember driving my, then, boyfriend's Renault 16 which had a column gear change. This would have been around 1972/3. He always said that I drove it better than any of our friends; praise in deed! [We used to share the driving when we went ski-ing in St. Moritz - another story!!]

My Renault 6 had the gear stick protruding from the dashboard. This was around the same time as I bought it a couple of years after I started teaching. Hey ho, those were the days.

Di.

Comment

I have had 2 Citroen Dyanes and one Ami6 that had the dashboard gearstick with the funny arrangement of gears and I have to say that they were brilliant and when you looked under the bonnet you could see that it was a standard gearbox. Citroen seem to have lost their innovative streak.

Peter

Comment

We had a Renault 4 van with the dashboard gear lever. When we bought it there was a big dent in the middle of the bonnet ,caused by a loaf of bread.
                              It had a head to head with a bakery van that had a display loaf on the roof which broke off under severe braking, landing on R4 bonnet. Boy could that van ride the pot holes and farm tracks. Think it had torsion bar suspension all round.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X