As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of Days - Pickup trucks' future availability

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Days - Pickup trucks' future availability

Bambi, Acti, Bedford all pretty much dead. The Daihatsu hijet is no longer manufactured as a pickup truck.
    Not sure about the suzuki carry, the piaggio porter assembly line seems to go on forever.
    is anybody else with a demountable worried that one day the last pickup truck will roll off the production lines ? Thus putting a limit on the life of their beloved romahome pods ?

Personally I am hoping that the change I am undertaking at the moment will be my last....

I read somewhere that Daihatsu were pulling out of the uk totally ..

But the Piaggio Porter is taking over from all the above pick ups.. so still hope
    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

like so many things in this world,the centres of production are changing,the italians have a long love affair with the small pickup,wether it has 3 wheels or 4,it can be piled high with goods.They will carry on I think,also look to India,Tata make small pickups,they are very popular and no sign of production fade.The old soviet nations all make them.The problem in Britain is we get a lot of rain,so small traders prefer a covered goods vehicle,the market has never been huge.The ford Transit attracted most of the small traders.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

not dead yet http://www.dfskuk.com/vehicles/double-cab-pickup they also do a single cab possibily of extending romahome over cab to give 4 berth
        Last edited by AGING HIPPY; 24-01-2012, 08:22.

Comment

Hope that they are better made than chinese scooters

Peter

Comment

sad to see the japanese leaving our pickup truck marketplace, they are by far the most reliable and best manufactured,
            as for the italians and the chinese......

Comment

I suppose the one truck which will surely go is the TATA...

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                I suppose the one truck which will surely go is the TATA...
                Funny you should say that, I'm just on my way to TATA Steel to do some work in one of their factories, stuck on the M3 at the moment though.

Peter

Comment

Our Demountable is on (at weekend) a 03 Suzuki Carry and i expect they will make them for the foreseeable future as little builders/traders /gardeners love them, although they mostly prefer the Van to the pick-up.

Comment

Funny enough though, when we bought our demountable it it was bolted to a trailer ! So I suppose it should have been called a caravan.

At least that was an alternative !

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X