As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it must be a Romahome if .........

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it must be a Romahome if .........

we wanted to book a week end at Oxford with the Caravan and camping club and Shirley love was on the phone talking to the lady Warden(really nice), so the question came how big is your motorhome? its 16ft long replied Shirley.......its a Romahome then said the Warden....wonderful spot on how did she know that ?....................Mark

Its about the only one made that is 16 feet

Peter

Comment

Correct. Although it may have been a lucky guess.

I suppose many campers with van conversions would call them campervans rather than motorhomes?

On the other hand she may have known that a SWB Transit is only 15 feet, (as was my Autosleeper Frisky), and conversions on MWB or LWB vans and most other coachbuilts are 18 feet or longer.

Although what about Nu Venture?

Comment

Er...so am I supposed to call my R20 a campervan or a motorhome? I usually refer to it as my van!
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
          Er...so am I supposed to call my R20 a campervan or a motorhome? I usually refer to it as my van!
          Its a Romahome
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            Its a Romahome
            yep, Ian, def the best poss answer
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

The Caravan Club have us down as 4.88M which I think is 16ft
              Mary

Comment

We call our demountable a camper, but then i suppose its not a proper "romahome" as it was made by island plastics.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
                  We call our demountable a camper, but then i suppose its not a proper "romahome" as it was made by island plastics.
                  I call mine a camper too.... but I also say mine is a romahome .. am I wrong to do so?
                  I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                  http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Island plastics made the demountable pods. They later became Romahome.

So i don't think any pods are "technically" Romahomes, although we call ours a romahome sometimes too.

I am sure there are others on here who can quote dates, times ect and be more accurate with the information

Comment

Island plastics made the demountable pods. They later became Romahome.

So i don't think any pods are "technically" Romahomes, although we call ours a romahome sometimes too.

I am sure there are others on here who can quote dates, times ect and be more accurate with the information
                      My partner has just bought a demountable on a Dihatsu and I wondered if there are any serial numbers on them to find out roughly when it was built?

Peter

Comment

On the inside of the top of the rear door hinge is a stamp showing the year and the number built

Comment

On the inside of the top of the rear door hinge is a stamp showing the year and the number built
                          I looked there as I thought that would be the same as my Romini but can't find any stamping, also tried the cupboard doors.

Peter

Comment

Even when Island Plastics started building the demountables they were called Romahomes.

Island Plastics used to describe them as "Romahome by Island Plastics" and we had one of the early ones.

Peter

Comment

The Roma Club, (www.romaclub.org.uk) accepts any vehicle made by Island Plastics, and there were some odd ones that might not even have that name on them. So I think it is fair to call them Romahomes if you want to describe them to anyone, just so long as you don't describe a Mezan that way!
                              Colin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X