As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

romahome r20 silver......

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romahome r20 silver......

we were cycling on Anglesey and a silver R20 came towards i may of mentioned that before sorry to repeat myself sorry to repeat(old jokes the best no i wanted some advice on silverscreens. We have the old type on our r20 its quite thin works well and came with our previous Berlingo so no known originalso rolls up tight an stows in a bag above the windscreen on the shelf.the problem is we wil need a new one as it will be for the new Berlingo and ours hooks over the top of the doors and the new van will be wider and not good sense to try to sort of stretch it and make do a very un pro look(seen a lot on cc sites)The problem is every time Shirley love looks them up its only padded ones also ones that fold down in the middle all a bit too big and bulky and none like we have at present so we cant tell if they even make those any more so we wondered if anyone could advise us.........in Bristol speak you would be a GEN KIDDIE ARRR KID ..........thanks..........Mark ps we dont want one that goes on inside the windscreen very bad stories about them trapping heat and damaging glass.

Hi Cordyroy
    Am a bit miffed about the bad reputation of inside screens as I have never heard this before and we have been using them on different vans for at least ten years. Can you enlighten me on what problems you have heard about?
    Colin

Comment

We made a case for our silver screens, which turns it into a seat back cushion when not in use
      Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
        We made a case for our silver screens, which turns it into a seat back cushion when not in use
        I like that idea! I'll have a go at that too.

Comment

On our Outlook the insulated screen stores in its bag behind the drivers seat. Because it is squashable I can push the seat right back. When it is wet i put the bottom of the back in strong carrier bag so that any water is caught.

Peter

Comment

sorry colin i didnt want to cause alarm but we read that on a silverscreen forum off google the chap said trust me dont get inside one etc but it was in very high temp in France made glass laminate brown so i should nt repeat things like that but can only read what i read as you have used one 10 yrs they must be ok.Can inow add Shirley love found a 2007 thread on this brilliant web site all about screens ......most interesting we are now wiser......in the end its a matter of choice .....thanks for everyones help......Mark

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X