As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flusher on R40

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flusher on R40

The flusher on the toilet in my R40 has stopped working. Before I try anything else I thought I'd check the fuse but I can't find it anywhere - assuming the motor that works the flusher has a fuse. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's not a major problem - at the moment we just pour some water down the loo after it's been emptied but it is an inconvenience and I just don't like it when things don't work! Any help greatly appreciated.
    Cameron

I have tried looking it up on the many bits of literature that came with the van but can find no reference to the position of the fuse. At the back of my mind I think I read somewhere that it was tucked up behind the plastic where the cassette slides but it's too cold tonight to go and have a look!!! Perhaps Ant will be along with a definitive answer.
    Colin

Comment

Many thanks Colin.
      Cameron

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
        The flusher on the toilet in my R40 has stopped working. Before I try anything else I thought I'd check the fuse but I can't find it anywhere - assuming the motor that works the flusher has a fuse. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's not a major problem - at the moment we just pour some water down the loo after it's been emptied but it is an inconvenience and I just don't like it when things don't work! Any help greatly appreciated.
        Cameron
        Have a look at this link http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/P...6/Default.aspx

the fuse is No 8 its at the back of the cassette but is it the fuse or has the pump frozen up in winter I use either a 50/50 solution of windscreen washer anti freeze or neat if cold enough

Alf

Comment

The R40 toilet is more like this one: http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/P...8/Default.aspx
          Again it shows the fuse behind the cassette. Don't know where you are but here in Essex it is snowing like mad so won't be looking just yet. I use a special toilet antifreeze, which is down the shed so ditto snow.
          Colin

Comment

Thanks for your help. Managed to find the fuse, replaced it, and I'm now flushing away to my heart's content!

Comment

So you are now "flushed" with success...

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
                So you are now "flushed" with success...
                Presumably when It didnt work and he had no solution - he had nothing to go on!

Glad the problem is sorted,why do they hide fuses and not label them?
                Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

you would get a better answer if you asked the "meaning of life" !
                  No wiring on any vehicle seems to be strightforward

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X