As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning the inside roof C15

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning the inside roof C15

Anyone any suggestions? The inside of my C15 is lined with some pretty strange stuff - not quite carpeting - more like felt. It has some very dirty black marks on it which I cannot clean (tried carpet cleaner) They are particularly bad inside the raising roof area. Any suggestions on improving them?

could you take a picture so we can see what you mean?
    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Well I was going to take said photos this morning but with howling gales (up to 50 mph) and pouring rain, I am staying inside for the moment!!

Comment

have taken a few pictures - not very clear but hope you can see what I mean. Because most of the dirty marks are in the part that you only see when the roof is up - I am beginning to wonder whether it is caused by damp/mould. Anyway - any suggestions on cleaning it would be most welcome

Comment

I would definately say it looks like damp marks ...

Normally I would say diluted bleach and hot water...

This is a tip I found on the internet... might be worth trying?

How can I remove mould from a white lamp shade?
          You need some unprocessed bran, white vinegar and a small amount of oil of cloves.
          In a mixing bowl add 1 cup of the unprocessed bran and add few drops of white vinegar –stir thoroughly until it clumps together like brown sugar- it must not be wet. Then add two drops of oil of cloves to the mixture and stir though. Then brush the mixture backwards and forwards across the stain until it comes off.

Another tip found is salt diluted in hot water.. brushed on, left to dry .. then brushed off ..

hope one of these help..

Comment

bleach and hot water -- I am willing to try......salt etc also ---will try and let you know the results ....unprocessed bran etc??? where on earth would I find that -

Comment

Could try a health food shop for the bran?

Comment

Looks like the sort of stain that Dettol mould and mildew remover will work well on. Spray it on, leave for half an hour, then wipe off. This stuff also prevents it coming back so quickly as well.

Comment

A month has gone by and I still haven't done anything about cleaning the roof - been away and when I've been home the weather has been foul - need a nice sunny day when I have no other pressing chores to do ---- ah well one of these days

Comment

Two cleaning tips from me today!
                    We had this problem in the pop-top of one of our VW's - that black staining is a mould growth and a real hassle to shift.

We used stuff called 'Astonish Oxy-Plus' - mixed with water and applied with a soft brush. Takes perseverance but will eventually work without damaging the surface or matting the fibres.

I would avoid the bleach solution recommended above as this will affect the fibres.
                    Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Have used other astonish products - so will have a go at this

Comment

My new Hylo - bringing it home tomorrow, almost unbearably excited - has those same mould marks. How did you get on with the Astonish Cedas?
                        Jane

Comment

I never got round to it - other things got in the way "round tuits" are a real problem. Just today my daughter was saying "thought you were going to do something about those marks on the roof" (she only sees the inside of my van when I am visiting and "camping" one her drive as I am now) So now feel very guilty and when I get home will have to get one of those round tuits""

Comment

The astonish stuff will work.

Think on what is causing it though. I think it might be lowering the roof after cooking too soon, or sleeping, when there is still a small amount of condensation which will collect up there. Keeping a window open whilst cooking/sleeping will help, or opening the door for half an hour before you shut the roof. Not possible in wet weather though! If you are on electric hook-up you could give it a blast with a hairdryer before closing.

Comment

stains were there when i got the van last year. thought it
                              could be putting roof down when wet. got astonish. will
                              have a go next week when back at home

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X