As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sterling Batter Charger

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterling Batter Charger

New boy question I'm afraid!

We have just changed purchased a second hand R40 with a Sterling battery charger.

On our old vans the battery charger system was very basic and only did the hab battery.

The instructions I have seem to indicate that this unit maintains both batteries - cab and habitation.

Is this the case?

Thanks - John
    Last edited by Caulkheader; 12-02-2012, 13:04. Reason: spelling

Whenever I've seen Sterling chargers mentioned on other forums, they've been purchased for this reason.
    Neil

Comment

Hi Caulkheader
      The instruction book I have on the Sterling power unit says it is specificaly designed to maximise the alternator output and use the surplus power to charge the secondary battery and remains digitally controlled and isolated so that the starter battery cannot discharge through the system even if the unit fails.
      Hope this answers your question.
      Colin

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I take it that the sterling uses the alternator only to charge the batteries and there is separate charger that runs off the mains hook up, its this charger that I need to know whether or not it charges both the habitation battery and the cab battery.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi John
          It depends whether you have the Power Guardian with all singing & dancing touchscreen and big box of electronics under the front offside habitation seat, in which case yes, it does handle both batteries on 230volt. My van is joined to the mains all the time outside the house. If you have anything else then I'm afraid I cannot help, suggest you Ask Ant.
          Colin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X