As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grannievan!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grannievan!!!!

We told our son we have downsized to an R40 and he is making remarks about our new OAPmobile . He borrowed the autotrail on occassion to use with his friends and says he would be embarrased to use this. (his loss) I was just wondering to prove a point if there is anybody under 65 out there that owns one.
    Lyn

Kids nowadays! Expect to start life at the top, don't they? Even the nicest ones.

Send him out in an old, leaking tent and THEN he will appreciate the grannievan more! Tell his friends that sleeping in the awning can be a big adventure...not that they will believe you!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I am nowhere near 65.... it has been discussed on here previously re ages of romahome owners and there are a lot of us young 'uns out there ...
      I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
      http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

My 'kids' have certainly been eyeing my R20...if I can ever spare it!
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I sold my wee romahome demountable to two young people around the age of 25!

Comment

We get this a lot, but then again we had two lowered, alloy wheeled big-engined VW campers before which were super cool for two (just) over 50's
            Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

I have an R20 Hylo and I'm some years away from 65 but Saga membership seems to be creeping up at an advancing rate....

Comment

61now, first Romahome in 1987

Peter

Comment

65 is the new 55! we can vouch for it.

derek b and Babs
                  derek b and Babs

Comment

Hi Newforestlass

We bought our R40 nearly 2 years ago when we were still in our 40's and I would say it is definitely not "a grannievan" although we are grandparents!

It's our first motorhome and we did a lot of research before buying it. We knew what we were looking for -good quality, not too big and with a decent size bed and headroom.( My husband is 6' 4 ) The layout suits us with the rear door, central gangway and pullman seating and it's great to drive too.
                    We absolutely love it and the freedom it gives us.

We sometimes take the grandchildren with us- 2 boys aged 4 and 12 and it works well with them sleeping in the luton.
                    We have spent the last two christmases away in it and cooked xmas dinner both times. Xmas 2010 was particularly cold with a lot of snow where we stayed at the forest site in Marlborough, but it was magical and very picturesque. We were snug and warm with the de longi mini oil filled radiator we use. The webasto heating is also very efficient.

You will love it and I'm sure your son will soon be eating his words !

Comment

Originally posted by newforestlass View Post
                      We told our son we have downsized to an R40 and he is making remarks about our new OAPmobile . He borrowed the autotrail on occassion to use with his friends and says he would be embarrased to use this. (his loss) I was just wondering to prove a point if there is anybody under 65 out there that owns one.
                      Lyn

the age old problem, hes too young to be old and too old to be told.

All the youngster know it all,we know one thing and that is they will grow old and realise we were right.

its your R40 ( you lucky beast) so enjoy it and he must weep tears of shame.

Dont let him borrow it,hes not experienced enough
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I am 29yrs but I sold my Romahome on Monday.I'm not to old or to young and I always tel the truf and my spelin is spot on. I no wats best, yep! ifyou dont belief itask me agen.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X