As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excel show

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel show

Hi All,
    If you're thinking of going along here are my impressions from our visit to the show on Wednesday.....
    1) Its large, plenty of walking, (even more if you arrive by DLR, Custom House, like us!) although the two main halls are roughly divided, caravans in one and motorhomes the other, the periphery of both halls contain accessory stands you might not want to miss browsing.
    2) There are places to sit in both halls to buy a coffee (or indeed drink your own!) and a variety of eating opp's available, though we didn't avail ourselves!.
    3) Wednesdays most visible 'must have' accessory was the wheeled pull along folding plastic trolley thing £12 or on the Towsure stand £10.
    4) Plenty of van conversions in evidence from several small converters (including on recent used vans) both hitop and elevating roofs.
    5) Wheelhome were there with a new Fiat Doblo Combi based 'Skarpa' conversion, it uses a diesel powered 2 ring stove and 12v fridge (no gas requ'd!) for fans of v. small motorhomes worth a look (see pics below) for its ingenious take on small and micro vans.
    6) Didn't look at the caravans at all, there were lots, also quite a range of folding caravans and trailer tents in evidence too.
    7) The show's website is pretty good, so if you were considering viewing something specific, well worth checking on there beforehand.

Am off to soak my feet now! Thanks to Vanderella for the tickets, we enjoyed the visit. Would be interested in others experience of this show!
    All the best
    Andyvan
    Attached Files

would be very interested to know if the bargains on the trade stands make it actually worth the effort to go to these shows husband is in two minds(very normal at his age) as to go or not.I love looking at the shopping and the new gadgets but have never found a true bargain I could not got on the net. whats your thoughts

Comment

Hi NFL!,
      For accessories, if you know what you want, I suspect you're better off on the net, I wasn't seriously looking for anything at all, but it was good to have a browse and compare different things and prices.
      I guess if you're interested in up/downsizing or considering a different type of unit then its good for that. If you're in a position to order a new unit there were some cracking 'show only' offers too. For indulging in the lottery win... superb!
      All the best
      Andyvan

Comment

We went on Saturday

Other than a valuable hour we spent around the Romahome stand, we found the event a bit dull. To compensate, and as we live fairly close by we ended up seeing "The Woman in Black" at Westfield Stratford before heading home.

As for the show, the accessories store had nothing unusual, and there are only so many large motorhomes (that you have no intention of buying) that you can wander around in. The food hall was horribly crowded too.

On the plus side, it's confirmed that after owning our R20 high top for six years, there is still nothing out there that we would swap it for.

It was great exploring the facilities of the new Romahomes and we had a great conversation with one of the Romahome staff who is part of the design team. He promised to think very carefully about some woman's perspective feedback that Chrissy offered! (In particular a rear pull out / extending canopy that could extend over the top of the rear door whilst cooking.)

This was our first view of the new R20 design. There have been some improvements, but overall, I think it has lost more than it has gained on the previous model. The smaller windows make it feel slightly more claustrophobic and we still haven’t found an answer to the "where could we possibly put the loo?" question. Losing our pots and pans cupboard remains unthinkable to us.

So in summary, I can't see us upgrading for at least another five years, by which time I'm sure that Romahome will have created the perfect small motorhome for us!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X