As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Silver screens for R10!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Silver screens for R10!!!

Bit fed up now! After exhaustive enquiries, with some help from the Romahome man at Guildford, I now find that there are no screens made for the R10 based on the Citroen Nemo - not enough call for them to make it worthwhile, apparently. That's something they don't tell you when you buy the van! If anyone has seen the video about the R10, they will recall that the blinds for the rest of the vehicle are just padded and are obviously going to get very wet with condensation. Following a hint on this forum, I've easily lined these with Thermawrap, just sewn on with the trusty sewing machine, so at least that's one problem solved. The cab simply has single thickness fabric blinds fastened on with press studs. Tried lining these with the Thermawrap but its too big an area to sew without wrinkling up the blinds and making too small to fit. Have now abandoned the idea of having an external screen, but does anybody know if any of the internal screens for other models would fit the Citroen Nemo van? Have left messages on several websites that sell internal screens but nobody seems keen on answering. Planning on my first camp soon - but it looks like being a chilly one with no silver screens!

You can get a 'universal' external screen, I'm not sure if that would work? If you are handy with a sowing machine maybe it could be adapted to be a tailored fit?
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Have you tried this company?

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/polarscreens_000.htm

They list the nemo as TBA so it looks like they have plans, maybe you could volunteer to be a tester for them!!:so happy:
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=987 Click on the link.

This is a thread from a previous discussion, naming a couple of firms that may be helpful in your search. I hope this is of help.
        Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
          Have you tried this company?

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/polarscreens_000.htm

They list the nemo as TBA so it looks like they have plans, maybe you could volunteer to be a tester for them!!:so happy:
          How wonderful is this Forum! After only half an hour you were all replying. I have contacted Polarscreens as a starter, and they are going to phone back and discuss it tomorrow so there may be hope on the horizon.

Comment

We have a Milenco external screen for our camper-it certainly makes a difference, it's not model specific but has adjustment via vecro and elasticated corners, it may have enough adjustment for your screen. On one occcasion I saw a fellow camper put his external screen on the inside! seems bizarre but he got it to fit snugly and of course it stays dry that way!

derek b and Babs
            derek b and Babs

Comment

You can buy the screen material off the roll on eBay, cut it to size and make up your own set. All you need is some edging and it should be an easy job.

Comment

So many options now - I'm not fed up any more. Thanks everyone - I'll let you know what happens.:so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by nutshell View Post
                  So many options now - I'm not fed up any more. Thanks everyone - I'll let you know what happens.:so happy:
                  MANY THANKS GlenW!!! I have spoken to Steve at VanComforts and they will make screens for me. For internal screens they just need templates to work from, so I will be having proper screens made for all the windows while I am about it. They could have made an external screen for me but that would have meant taking the van to their place of work...not really an option for me. I am a very 'happy camper!'

Comment

MANY THANKS GlenW!!! I have spoken to Steve at VanComforts and they will make screens for me. For internal screens they just need templates to work from, so I will be having proper screens made for all the windows while I am about it. They could have made an external screen for me but that would have meant taking the van to their place of work...not really an option for me. I am a very 'happy camper!'

A result then!!
                    Jessie

Comment

Excellent, glad you got it sorted!!

Comment

Silver screen for Citroen Nemo.

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
                        A result then!!
                        Richard at Vancomfort remembered they had made an outer silver screen for a Nemo last year, so they had the template already. After ordering it on 20th of last month, it arrived TODAY! I am delighted. Such a helpful company to deal with. I also bought their very basic awning which just clips over the sliding door at the side to give a bit of shade from the amazing sunny weather we are (hopefully) having this summer! Thanks again for the help you gave me on this forum.

Comment

Result ! glad you got it sorted before the heatwave.
                          derek b and Babs

Comment

That sounds like excellent service, glad you got something sorted.:so happy:

Comment

Can I just thank nutshell for starting this thread, and GlenW for the Van Comfort reminder. I've had no luck getting a screen for my Doblo but they had an internal one on their list (which I'm sure they didn't have when I checked before) and it arrived yesterday.

I mentioned the forum when I spoke to Steve @ Van Comfort and he remembered the R10/Nemo order - very helpful bloke

Only problem now is all the other glass...and finding room for the screen
                              Neil

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X