As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Bang Theory

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bang Theory

Apart from my Romahome demountable i have a Bambi (project) that has been standing for about six months and would not start, so I pushed the boat out and had a good spend up ! I put a gallon of new fuel in and a new set of points and charged up the battery. :so happy:

I turned him (Ronnie) over and he fired up, all but a bit racy (even with the choke in) so i guess the carb jets are a bit gummed up or the linkages are a bit sticky, but i can sort this with a carb cleaner (red X and a spray on the carb and WD 40 on the linkage) but suddenly he miss-fired and there was an almighty BANG and now the exhaust box looks like one of those zippy sandwich bags

He still starts and runs (fast) but sounds like one of those big 12ltr V8's.

I think if its squeezed back together it could probably be welded up though.

2 websites I can recommend for you to look out, both very good when we had a Bambi and also our Suzuki wheelhome.
    www.bedfordrascal.com Tim is extremely knowledgeable and also
    www.rascalcampers.com very friendly forum

Comment

Hi Hubcap, Many Thanks for the info.

I have spoken to Tim Thurnbury a number of times and he is a really helpful chap. I also know Zaphod the founder of the rascal motorhome site. We met a couple of times at Bambi Owners Club rallies. Another useful site and one that both of them and I post threads on is the rascal enthusiast site. www.rascalenthusiasts.com

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X