As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest ferry crossing for Romahome C15 HyLo

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest ferry crossing for Romahome C15 HyLo

Hi folks,
    title says it all. Just put my Romahome back on the road after the winter. If it proves reliable about Scotland's highlands and islands I will be tempted to take it to France. Expect P & O Dover Calais cheapest but someone may have a wee favourite cheap and cheery ferry that they know of.

Len

Try DFDS Dover to Dunkirk or Calais especially in the middle of the night between £25 and £35 each way

P and O seem to be about £50 each way

Peter
    Last edited by peterholden; 10-03-2012, 19:12.

Comment

The wild ones

What us again; we always use http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk/ and they find the cheapest for us, this year we are using 6 ferrys to get to Shetland. Last year we used 10 to Ireland and so on we always put it on as a carwith only 2 seats and take a night ferry commercial type very cheap.:so happy:
      Originally posted by Len View Post
      Hi folks,
      title says it all. Just put my Romahome back on the road after the winter. If it proves reliable about Scotland's highlands and islands I will be tempted to take it to France. Expect P & O Dover Calais cheapest but someone may have a wee favourite cheap and cheery ferry that they know of.

Len
      Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

Originally posted by roger green View Post
        What us again; we always use http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk/ and they find the cheapest for us, this year we are using 6 ferrys to get to Shetland. Last year we used 10 to Ireland and so on we always put it on as a carwith only 2 seats and take a night ferry commercial type very cheap.:so happy:
        Totally agree with you Roger,I always used thje midnight ferry,much cheaper,much less crowded,you can get a meal on board and usually you can get a cabin from the pursers office ,so you get a good nights sleep.
        I figured the minicruise was part of the vacation.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by roger green View Post
          Hi,
          thanks for all the helpand useful links.
          Do you mean that you register your Romahome as a two seater car rather than the catch all 'campervan' that I see on some websites. Presumably our diminutive camper should get us a really cheap rate compared to some of the monster mobile homes out there.

Len

Comment

wave to me as you pass through the islands

Comment

Late night crossing or tunnel and then drive to the aire at Wissant for the rest of the night. Also stop there for an early start on the way home.

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X