As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R20s mum is a boat

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R20s mum is a boat

we wanted to book up next week end away minehead Broadway etc etc all fully booked search search then Shirley looks up UK sites open in winter and one in uphill weston super mare came up so we didnt know it time to investigate.This is a phone job so the person tells Shirley the place is not quite finished but ok to book and we would be most welcome.It has toilet block electric hook up (slot meter until completion) and a cafe all for £12 a night ......and its in a marina boat yard...next to a fishing lake..and hard standings 'AS I O W romahomes made boats will any look up turned R20s an will we see the name badge for the fibre glass kings.Uphill is a half hour walk all the way along the beach to the pier.Has anyone else camped in a boat yard before home (uk)or away we would like to know........Mark and Shirley

We like Bath marina and cararavan site,seems similar,excellent site, 40 minutes walk along the tow path or park and ride next door in to the city .Have seen several around the country most seem pretty good

Comment

We've stayed at Sawley Marina near Nottingham. It was a bit expensive but had toilets, showers, ehu and a cafe.

Here's our video http://youtu.be/NZTULYYvADQ
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
        Has anyone else camped in a boatyard before home (uk)or away we would like to know........Mark and Shirley
        I think you're probably asking if anyone has camped in a marina campsite rather than a boatyard...??!!

I have camped in a boatyard and marina many times. My husband has a small sailing boat and while working on it or while it's laid up, then I camp in the boatyard while he camps on his boat. I wouldn't recommend it however - although security is good and they're locked overnight, they can be quite smelly places with diesel and paint/antifoul fumes.

As for camping in marinas - yes, regularly along with quiet, remote scenic harbours. I've never camped on a site near either though! ;o)

Comment

thanks Karen the imformation about security is i think what we were after and if it smells as though we are on a Grimsby Trawler it will make an even better story to tell our boys when we get back .........M and s...oh no that looks like marks and spencer sorry .....mark and shirley.ps the one we are going on really is a boatyard though.

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
            thanks Karen the imformation about security is i think what we were after and if it smells as though we are on a Grimsby Trawler it will make an even better story to tell our boys when we get back .........M and s...oh no that looks like marks and spencer sorry .....mark and shirley.ps the one we are going on really is a boatyard though.
            If only boatyards did smell of a Grimsby trawler! If you're camping in a real working boatyard (ie not a campsite) be prepared for the stench of antifoul, diesel, petrol generator fumes, paint, paraffin and white spirit - and it's not pleasant. For security, boatyards tend to be unlocked around 7am then you're generally locked in for the night from about 5-6pm. Unless you're a dedicated wilder, I really wouldn't recommend this for a holiday. For once, I'd suggest using a site - unless you have no sense of smell!

You'd probably also need permission from the security staff to park there so I think we're talking at crossed wavelengths here!

Comment

sorry Karen the place we are staying at is being made into a proper campsite not quite completed but when the lady on phone said hook up next to the boats she told shirley its a marina near a boat yard along by a little lakeso it cant be that close well i hope not.If its good it could be a really good one for us not far a plumb place as well and an easy friday afternooner so to speak so will let you know what its like.Forgive my silly jokes as fresh fish vans come to bristol and stop in streets selling Grimsby fish so even when putting a mac on when cyclingyou look like a trawlerman from Grimsby

Comment

Mark & Shirley - the boatyard site sounds interesting, let us know how you get on.

We have stayed at Sand Bay Caravan Park, 52 Beach Rd, Weston-super-Mare BS22 9UU several times (closed in the winter), and after our last stay we decided that it was getting a little too expensive for the facilities offered, and the owner is perhaps a little too 'hands on'.

So an alternative would be good - hard to find a site in that area that is not full of gigantic statics
                Mary

Comment

hello mary yes we find that a lot are overpriced in this area although we have to try another in Locking a mile or two to the left of weston.One we looked at was advertised as woodspring stadium and when we looked at it weston football club were playing a match and it seemed they had hook ups in the car park so not keen on that.The one we are going to is Uphill wharf and its lucky that just this afternoon a campervan couple put a review on the site guide and they seemed to quite like seven out of ten for marking it so pretty good. Will say what we thought next week with sunny days the forcast could be ..........Brilliant.........thanks Mark and Shirley

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X