As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a roma.taxi.home. is it?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a roma.taxi.home. is it?

i took our eldest son joseph(joe to every one but us)home last night and stopped just along from his flat ok after 6pm type road.We always sit and chat for an hour and watch all the bikes (7 out of ten)go through red traffic lights few lights on any of themas well .Any way its student flat land and when we had our c15 several times lads and lassies would push the side to rock the van a bit as a bit of fun as they passedso we would just smile.The taxi firm is opposite and any build up overparking they come over our side and several drivers are Bin Laden look a likes and now nod as they used to seeing us .About 10 pm a group of students(they dress like students????yes)were opposite in stiches laughing after one pointed....and we could only think it was the visual image of ......in line taxi...taxi...taxi...romahome taxi...taxi..so was it like..that is one hell of a taxi...what do they dotake people to scotland and stop overnight on the way...the fare clock is still ticking..but after a big giggle on they went...has any one else parked in an odd place.?......Bus stop ...oooh thats a funny little bus............Mark

Be careful when parking near kids playgrounds or outside schools, you will get a queue of kids wanted ice creams.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

hello graham, well we do have a fridge so its a start ummmm would probably stock it with the local gloucestershire marshfield farm vanilla and stem gingerits the sort to start legends with and talking of legends dave macVay looks like hes had afew since Notts co days (good writer Now)try that ice cream next time in weston super mare .....oh lucky us Shirley and i will be there this weekend...yes two ices please ..ps really pleased Jeff Hughes ex bristol rovers is doing well for your team...sorry to turn this into a fanzine corner!!!!!!................Mark

Comment

Weston-super-mare

Walked along the beach to Uphill from Weston yesterday. There was an abandoned campsite - fenced off and with padlocked gates by the beach but could not see the Marina. I probably needed to walk further into Uphill. Did you enjoy your stay? I really like Weston, great for walking and cycling along the front.

The best ice cream I have ever tasted is at the postoffice/shop near Postbridge visitor centre on Dartmoor. It is made on a farm at Chagford and is totally delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
          hello graham, well we do have a fridge so its a start ummmm would probably stock it with the local gloucestershire marshfield farm vanilla and stem gingerits the sort to start legends with and talking of legends dave macVay looks like hes had afew since Notts co days (good writer Now)try that ice cream next time in weston super mare .....oh lucky us Shirley and i will be there this weekend...yes two ices please ..ps really pleased Jeff Hughes ex bristol rovers is doing well for your team...sorry to turn this into a fanzine corner!!!!!!................Mark
          Hi Mark

Not tried Marshfield Farm ice cream but will definitely try it next time we are down your way.

I agree about Dave McVay I've read some of his football books, "Steak ...Diana Ross: Diary of a football nobody" is a must read for Notts fans who can remember that era, brilliant stuff. Jeff Hughes is our top scorer at the moment, mind you most are penalties, he never misses a penalty.

Apologies to non football fans, I have broken my own rule of going off topic.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

hello graham also sorry about football talk again but i have that book and the one he wrote heart of football visiting lower league games .I buy the retro bi . monthy backpass football magazine and dave MacVay is one of the main writers quite brilliant at times.I saw him play against us several times in the 1970s big hair big beard win it and give it type i liked him .jeff hughes all left foot could chip a pan of spuds(local jokes i use)we Either cycle every saturday or are away in romahome so dont go to matches any more and any way at £22 Entrance fee could not afford it all but was a season ticket holder until 1986 and watched night games until 1996 Weekends away are good it seems to stretch the time cant believe its just friday to sunday it feels like aaaaaaages and we love it as do everyone on this website of yours thanks in fact many thanks....................Mark.............

Comment

Hi Mark

I know what you mean about the prices, ours £21 cheapest but I've got a season ticket and it works out at £14 per match. Next season I get a concessionary season ticket because I turn sixty so it will be cheaper still :so happy: and of course we will be in the Championship then.
              Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                Hi Mark

:so happy: and of course we will be in the Championship then.
                Hi Graham

You have us confused. Are you still a Notts County supporter?

Happiness is Green and White

Keith

Comment

i cant resist saying to any one hoping for their teams promotion....dream on graham ....no really what i wanted to say was one letter in the retro mag backpass was a bloke(bristol speak) got on a train a true story this and opposite a very big chap sat looking out the window.he kept glancing at him and couldnt remember who he was so would have a crafty stare and look away .The other chap like attilla the hun long frizzy hair massive moustache granite jaw and piercing steel grey eyes..........that the next time he looked were set on him..so the fear factor neary gave him a heart attack ....a long pause ...and..a booming voice said I AM BRIAN KILCLINE.......in a whisper he replied oh yes nice to see you Brian.......rest of the journey in total silence.....the Ex Notts county Coventry cityand others never killed any one though known as killer kicline ...but he frightened quite a few !!!!!!!.....
                  ark

Comment

How about you two continue this football chat by email.
                    Personally I line up with Oliver Cromwell who said that football was evil and all those involved should be hung from the nearest maypole --or something like that.
                    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

sorry point taken us west country boys get a bit carried away and wander off subject i accept that must be annoying..ps Cromwells son played 14 games for the Roundheads youth team..(poor jokes as well!)

Comment

sorry point taken us west country boys get a bit carried away and wander off subject i accept that must be annoying..ps Cromwells son played 14 games for the Roundheads youth team..(poor jokes as well!)
                        like it, ho ho ho
                        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                          Hi Mark

Not tried Marshfield Farm ice cream but will definitely try it next time we are down your way.

I agree about Dave McVay I've read some of his football books, "Steak ...Diana Ross: Diary of a football nobody" is a must read for Notts fans who can remember that era, brilliant stuff. Jeff Hughes is our top scorer at the moment, mind you most are penalties, he never misses a penalty.

Apologies to non football fans, I have broken my own rule of going off topic.
                          --------------------------------------
                          No problem. Thus speaks one who is forever wandering off the topic! I figure that is half of the charm of these threads.

Of course, you could always consider having a sports section as well as a music festival section?!just an idea.
                          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dorset Dimension View Post
                            Hi Graham

You have us confused. Are you still a Notts County supporter?

Happiness is Green and White

Keith
                            Ahh Keith, I wondered where you were, we are nearer the championship than Yeovil.
                            Graham

Comment

i cant resist saying to any one hoping for their teams promotion....dream on graham ....no really what i wanted to say was one letter in the retro mag backpass was a bloke(bristol speak) got on a train a true story this and opposite a very big chap sat looking out the window.he kept glancing at him and couldnt remember who he was so would have a crafty stare and look away .The other chap like attilla the hun long frizzy hair massive moustache granite jaw and piercing steel grey eyes..........that the next time he looked were set on him..so the fear factor neary gave him a heart attack ....a long pause ...and..a booming voice said I AM BRIAN KILCLINE.......in a whisper he replied oh yes nice to see you Brian.......rest of the journey in total silence.....the Ex Notts county Coventry cityand others never killed any one though known as killer kicline ...but he frightened quite a few !!!!!!!.....
                              ark
                              Killer Kilcline.......I remember him well.
                              Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X