As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Trip

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan
    replied
    Outhouse.

Hi oldun, we take an "outhouse" with us, we have a R20 HiLo. I'm not sure who makes them, they are a freestanding, meter square tent, a bit like a larger version of a toilet tent. They are cheap, easy to put up, and take down, made of nylon so easy to dry and folds small. It doesn't attach to the van, but you can back up pretty close. My one piece of advise I would give you is make sure you get some good ground pegs as the tent is tall (2 meters) and catches the wind !

Leave a comment:

• nutshell
    replied
    Had my first solo camping trip last weekend. Great fun when I realised I could put the kettle on and make my breakfast coffee without getting up out of bed. There are definately some advantages to being in a small van!

Leave a comment:

• Tentpeg
    replied
    I am on my own and know I have to have a routine... with two it will take a bit more thought. You will find it improves with different ventures.

Leave a comment:

• NomadSue
    replied
    Well done. Am glad you had fun. The first trip is always a special adventure...and also seems to take an awful lot of effort!

Yes, an awning certainly extends your living space, particularly important if you have a small campervan.

Lots of people seem to have a movelite awning - we bought one at the end of last season but I admit have not yet put it up. Before that we took our large khyam tent as a 'day room' - very useful though rather bulky to pack and rather big for the pitch. When on my own, eg at festivals, I sometimes take my small quick erect tent to use as a pitch marker / overflow area.

I am trying to gear myself up to venturing out for my first trip this year, hopefully this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• oldun
    started a topic First Trip

First Trip

This week we took our Van out for our fist outing. It was enjoyable even thoug we were only away for one night.
    We must sort out how to pack things better, otherwise everthing was OK.
    We think an awning might be a good idea, but we have to sort out what might be the best for us. We don't want a large one.
    Looking foreward to many more outings.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X